> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Current WIP

XD I haven't really posted any work in awhile. I just started this piece a few days ago, doing small chunks at a time. It's nowhere near completion but I figured i'd just show you guys and get some feedback. Anything you think I could change (Nothing drastic cause that'd take forever) let me know. Or anything you'd like for me to add.

It's 100% brushing off my wacom tablet and it's really my first attempt at it.

I haven't started the sky scene yet so don't comment on how lack of something it is. XD If you have an idea of something that'd work there i'd be more then happy to hear it.

The left side needs some work still on the rounding of it so i'm aware of that too XD!

Everything just seems a little too smooth.

But you have done a freakin' fantastic job. I look forward to seeing to finished product.

I agree, have those rocks been waxed lately? Lol, no it's really awesome man, very well done, the brushing and smudging all flow very well. Great job man, can't wait till it's done.

Sharpen it and it will look way realisitc

Pretty much what everyone else said, its a bit to smooth. Brush some texture on the rocks and sharpen here and there and it would look pretty nice.

Though In truth I don't really know what I'm looking at, as of this moment. Though even with that fact I'm still liking it so far =)

XD I don't really know how to add rock like detail to it that'd set it over the top. I don't want to sharpen it, I want it to be 100% brushed.

Thank you for the comments.

Yea I agree, sharpening would ruin it, why not try adding texture yourself.

just zoom right in, make little pit-marks and scratch effects to give a rough effect, using normal brushed, and if you like some grunge brushes to add a Lichen effect,
    However not all rocks are really scratchy and textured, some of the windswept columns in desert regions are very smooth.

Looking good so far, will like to see it progress.

Take it easy,
    Seki

Should the color be darker? lighter? A different color? Saturated? Less Saturated? XD

Warwickshire, UK (Near Shakespeare's house)

Originally posted by ZeekUnreloaded@Sep 20 2005, 04:27 PM
    Should the color be darker? lighter? A different color? Saturated? Less Saturated? XD
    [snapback]80051[/snapback]
    *Or all of the above* [x] <---- Crossed box of approval.

Do them all to make it a more varied piece!

It looks really good, I hope you aren&#39;t painting at those dimensions though... You should always paint at least twice the size of the dimensions you want the final outcome to be, it makes all of your lines smoother and sharper.

It originally wasn&#39;t even going to be a painting I was just doodling and I kept going with it. I kinda got too far into it to really start over.