> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New devART ID

Warwickshire, UK (Near Shakespeare's house)

Yadda yadda... Well, it's my 17th birthday in two days (Thursday) and on my current ID it says I'm 16, and it also has out-of-date information about school etc, so I thought that it would be the perfect opportunity to make myself a new ID. So I did.

The background colour isn't going to be changed whatever you say, because it's the devART background colour and it makes the white look like it's floating or whatever... You know what I mean.

--
    Photoshop
    5px hard brush
    Nothing else
    Totally free-hand
    --

Comments are always fun, so how about some please!

Wow, that looks fantastic. XD That must've took forever

Nah man! 2-3 hours or so... Not too long really. And thanks I am thinking of changing the letters to black rather than white, what do you think?

couldnt you just make it a transparent PNG so you dont have to bother getting the RGB values of the deviant colors?

anyway, thats totally awesome man, i wish i could freeand like that, let alone draw in general :P

Originally posted by kompakt@Sep 20 2005, 09:41 PM
    couldnt you just make it a transparent PNG so you dont have to bother getting the RGB values of the deviant colors?

anyway, thats totally awesome man, i wish i could freeand like that, let alone draw in general :P
    [snapback]80103[/snapback]
    People using IE cannot take advantage of PNG transparency values, and I have a colour chart with all of the hex codes I need on so it's really no effort. And thanks I'm sure if you practice you can draw! I don't know a single person who actually CAN'T, it's just practice, with some it comes more naturally than others.

yeah, i didnt think getting RGB values would be hard, i have colorzilla for firefox myself yea, if i did practice i could prolly draw. last year i did a really, really good drawing for my skills. i spent 2 hours on it every day for 2 weeks. if i ever scan it ill definetely post here.

Practice does make you better but it's also a wide understanding of how things work that contributes to good drawings/paintings. Understanding how colors work, light sourcing, perspective, etc are all important when it comes to drawing. The more you know, the better you become.

I know a good site that has a bunch of different studies on way things work in art. If you want it just give me a PM. (Don't want to get hit with an advertisement complaint)

Originally posted by ZeekUnreloaded@Sep 20 2005, 10:02 PM
    Practice does make you better but it's also a wide understanding of how things work that contributes to good drawings/paintings.* Understanding how colors work, light sourcing, perspective, etc are all important when it comes to drawing.* The more you know, the better you become.*

I know a good site that has a bunch of different studies on way things work in art. If you want it just give me a PM. (Don't want to get hit with an advertisement complaint)
    [snapback]80113[/snapback]
    True If you START drawing incorrectly, you will always tend to sway that way, even if you try to learn not to! I know because my human anatomy is TERRIBLE.

You reckon you could throw that link over my way too? I could do with a site like that in my bookmarks.

aye, throw the site my way too, im interested now.

Originally posted by Jakska@Sep 20 2005, 02:48 PM
    People using IE cannot take advantage of PNG transparency values, and I have a colour chart with all of the hex codes I need on so it's really no effort. And thanks I'm sure if you practice you can draw! I don't know a single person who actually CAN'T, it's just practice, with some it comes more naturally than others.
    [snapback]80106[/snapback]

On deviantART, whether you have IE or Firefox (or another brand) it is still transparent.
    Current Tag:

Are you a deviant?
    I am
    www.firetap.deviantart.com