it came today.

fun? yes
    scary? yes
    intense? yes

game of the year? yes.

get it.

i still haven't got my laptop o.O

that's a shame. you're missing out

i just beat it today, and am dumbfounded. the plot is better than anything i've seen in a game, and there will most certainly be sequels

I read that the buildup was intense.. but the ending was just.. meh..
    no idea tho..

i don't know who woulda said that, people on the boards i'm on think the ending was the best in a fps ever (not kidding) and i agree with them. it was an amazing ending

the only thing people are complaining about is that it left a lot of the game open ended, but it also answered a lot of questions and gave you a lot of information to figure things out on your own as well.

i don't want to give anything away, but i'll just say that F.E.A.R is just one of many games to come in the series (i imagine at least). the last 5 seconds in the epilogue make this evident

really? i read that the ending is somewhat open to individual interpretation..
    source = pc gamer US

it is, but the individual perception is pretty much the same around fans. it basically ends on a cliffhanger, lets you imagine what happens next, but it also raps up most of the loose ends in the game. it does leave some open, which is what they're talkin about i'm guessing (you have to play the game to see what i'm talking about), but rather than take away from the game, i think it is a great way to set up for a sequel

I hear its all scripted AI... so if you play the game a 2nd time they will do the EXACT same things

it looks like an amazing game. my pc couldnt handle it at all tho. i am currently saving for a uber pwnz0r of a comp. just have to wait a few months

Originally posted by Equal@Oct 25 2005, 10:35 PM
    I hear its all scripted AI... so if you play the game a 2nd time they will do the EXACT same things
    [snapback]88502[/snapback]
    quite the contrary. the AI is said to be the best so far. it makes far cry look like pong.
    their ACTIONS are scripted, as in, the small things that they can choose to do, such as bash through a window, or throw a grenade, but if they do it, when they do it is all random. like persay i walk into a room, and shoot the point man in the head. sometimes the squad will retreat, someone will throw a grenade and try to set up a flank. other times they'll just run at me to try and avenge their fallen leader. what i find fascinating is how they react with the environment. at times they'll push over shelves or desks to set up cover, or shoot at you over an object or while running away.

people who hate the game call it scripted because they only play it for a little time, in which they might think it is scripted because it is so damn good.. but it really is random, and quite intelligent what they do.

i don't want to sound like a fanboy so i'll stop.. just play it for yourself and see. you won't be disappointed