» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Hyperlinks

How can you make an image became a link as well?

hmmm, i think theres a way to do it. just do or something. . .
    If you want help...
    Screw you
    If you make sigs...
    Screw you

Yeah...<ahef> works...but like sumtimes u want parts of an image linked....thats wuht i dunno...... :unsure:
    Creator of the GFXvoid Header......................................Retired GFXvoid Staff.
    Currently: Never Here

Hmm if you want only part of the image linked then you have to split up the image into a table, and then link the part that you want linked. Normaly you use a tool to do it. a nice one comes with CS but can&#39;t remember the ame of the top of my head.

I presume there is a way to do it with dhtml and php with some form of mapping, but I have never looked into it sorry.

Ooooooooo...... :blink: So thats wuht u do...
    Creator of the GFXvoid Header......................................Retired GFXvoid Staff.
    Currently: Never Here

If you have CS, then have a look for slicing tutorials, there&#39;s lots around.

If you have a look at any gaming site that has a corner gaphic, that extends along the top and down the side, its certain that they are using a weirdly shaped table with the image all sliced up.

Teh advantage of that is you can animate only the parts you need, which cuts down on the size. Also common images will cache so it will draw faster for other areas of the site.

My site is very boring and drab, but it uses that technique and looking at the source shouldn&#39;t be too hard. www.metalskin.com

no no ,, you don&#39;t need to sclice it,, there is a way that u can turn .gif to image maps,, a way that you make one part of the image is active,, its in image ready,, there is a tool that says image map,, its easy,, just define the links and thats it