» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Okay, first of all, this is my first time write'n up a Tut, so bear with me, as it can only be so good :unsure:

This tut is over how to make the background of my sig...so you can see it in use

Anyway, here goes nothin'

Start out with a new file the file needs to be wider than it is tall for this to work right.
    Mine is 400x100.

Make sure your colors are set to default (blank and white) and select the gradiant tool.
    select the diamond gradiant, and select the inverse option and make yourself a nice diamond like this:

Then go to Filter > Styalize > Extrude. set options to: Pyramids, 20 size, 40 depth, select level based, and make sure that "mask incomplete blocks" is unchecked.
    You should get something similar to this:

Next select Filter > Brush Strokes > Accented Edges. Set width 2, brightness 38, smooth 5.

Then select Filter > Artistic > Poster Edges. Adjust settings to 2 thickness, 1 intensity, 2posterazation.

Filter > Distort > Polar Coordinate is next. Select Rectangular to Polar.

Next go to Image > Rotate Canvas > 90cw
    And then go to Filter > Stylize > Wind. Select the "From the Left" option.
    Repeat this step once, to extend the wind effect.
    Go back to Image > Rotate Canvas > 90ccw

You should have something like this now:

Apply the same wind effect once more, then apply the wind effect with the "From the Right" option selected. You should get someting like this:

Duplicate the layer.

Select the top layer, and then: Edit > Transform > Rotate 180. The top layer should now be upside down. Set the top layers blending mode to: Difference

Merge these two layers by going to Layer > Merge Down.

Next add color to the image: Image > Adjustments > Hue / Saturation, select the "Colorize" option. I used these settings: Hue=223 Saturation=100 Brightness=0

Last thing to do is go to Filters > Liquify. Select the "Turbulance" tool and set the brush options to: Size=5 Pressure=50 Jitter=70. Work your way from right to left on only the bottom half, working from the top down to get a nice wavy look.

Here's how it should look once its all done:

Like i said, this is my first tut, so i figure its pretty lacking...questions and comments are more than welcome hope you guys can work through this and it helps you all out in some way or another. i had fun working on it, so i hope you have fun trying it out :P

Thanks for your time and attention.

Rinald "The New Guy"

I like it, it's cool good job for your fist tut. To me it kinda looks like a lake with trees around it, and the sky above :P, anyway, you did a great job.

I will try this :P and please make more of them

I actually really enjoy the effect you used mate! It looks really cool =0. For future tutorials (if you decide to post more, which would be great =)), please host your images on ImgHst, as we don't limit bandwith.

Is it ok if I submit this tutorial to a few sites? Also, is it ok if I transfer the images over to imghst because, unfortunantly, photobucket limits the amonth of file transfer.

Originally posted by tacoX@Jan 27 2005, 09:44 AM
    Is it ok if I submit this tutorial to a few sites? Also, is it ok if I transfer the images over to imghst because, unfortunantly, photobucket limits the amonth of file transfer.
    [snapback]2502[/snapback]
    Feel free on both accounts man, i'm just glad you guys liked it

I'm new here too, but you got my comment.
    please check out my tutorials and tell me what you think about them :P

Great tut Rinald. Very Nice effect.
    Keep 'em comin'.

very good for a new guy lol just jokin

its a very nice tut

nice m8
    but this looks cool to me too

I like it, creative and simple to make.

I'm glad that everyone has liked this, i'm gonna post up some variations of this same basic process that yeilds some very different results than what this has.

also, Tacho, if when you submit this to some site, can ya tell me when and who ya send it to? i'd just like to know if i get on to one, that would be awsome.

Rinald