» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Totally new

Cool

Hiya... Completely new to design and sig making...

Check out my first sig... I will be eager to hear all teh CnC I can get... As I am in awe of some of the sigs and graphics I have seen here.

-Peace- :blink:

Sorry dude but that was noooot good looking. The colors dont match very well and the greyish border looks cartoonish which doesnt match the more techlike background, then u follow it up with some japanese sign which is cool but doesnt match either, the render is blended okej but the font of the text doesnt make me jump around either.

Work on it :P

I think you're trying to do too much in the sig, as most noobs do. Forget the tech border and scanlines, they're too played out and shouldn't really be used imo. Practice making you're backgrounds more, the bg is like the foundation of the sig and once you get good at that, the rest will start to fall into place much easier. Try to make the bg match with the colors of the render that you're using. Then of course you will need to work on your text a bit also.

There are plenty of tutorials on this site that will help you along. Just keep practicing and feel free to ask any questions you might have. Theres alot of talented members here that are willing to help out the new jacks.

Agree ^.^
    You should drop the tech-border and try another size like: 350 x 120. And you need to improve ur text and blending on ur render aswell.

GJ tho

Thanks... That's why I took the chance and posted. I want to improve... I will take your advices... and try again. And keep working on it. I have been reading like a fool already. And I have been studying like crazy trying to work on the bg.

--Ok... I have removed the tech boarder and the scan lines... I agree they have been over abused. Can't help it, I am a noob. LOL I changed the sides on the FoGee and my name, as well as removing the last name for the character, Kind of thought it over did it. I also wanted to follow an asian type of style so I put the text in a vertical line. I changed the text color to a sample of one of the colors in the sig, as to keep the color temp the same, and not so harsh on the eyes.

Let me know if I am at least making positive steps.

The second attempt is by far better. Still, the sign doesnt match. It just doesnt go with teh sig. Then, the render (that is your knight) is too blurry/bad quality. You need to have a better render. Then, you need to match the bg's colours with the render's colours. Then, try to make a more complicated bg (for a start you could just download some brushes and make a pretty random bg)

agree with pimp and yu still need to make it smaller

Try cleaner text.. And.. Sharpen your render once.. More to the BG.

Thanks a ton guys... Working on it right now, I hope to have another one up yet tonight.

Ok so here they are... I worked long and hard... Ok I read tuts for about a day and a half and played with what I was learning... Did some grunge and what not. Down loaded an ass load of brushes and went to town.

Let me know where I am standing.

Here is (a)

And my fav (B)