» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

first stuff i've posted on here i think in at least a month anyway here it is !

rate this too

heres a vector image ill post the orignal in a tik

heres the original please tell me how i did on this 1 especially this 1 ty

Posting a new post was unnecessary, you could have just edited your first post...

@1 I wouldnt really call that vector... too monotone and a bit too much depth in it...

@2 HIS FACE IS GONE!!! OMGZ00R!!! It was a crappy quality, small picture you started with, so the outcome couldnt be any better...

ahh shit k ty i guess i liked it monotone but some people don't anyway this sucks first i design a sig someone says not enough depth now i got to much depth what the fuck sorry expressing feelings

it looks like you just did a cutout filter on the second one...and i wouldnt call the first one a vector either, vectors arent supposed to have depth in them.

anyway, im not liking either of these, the first one is kind of painful to look at because of the white spot in the middle, and the mixing of styles didnt work here. the second one just looks like you did a filter there, so no comment on that.

Well can anyone give me good starting tips to doing vector art?

Hey kompakt just noticed ur from minnesota i am too i live in coon rapids heh

Click the edit button. It's your friend.

Adobe Illustrator is a great vector program, search google for tutorials durrr.

Originally posted by kompakt@Jan 13 2006, 07:18 PM
    it looks like you just did a cutout filter on the second one...and i wouldnt call the first one a vector either, vectors arent supposed to have depth in them.
    [snapback]105753[/snapback]
    I 2nd the claim about the cutout filter, no question there. Heh, its been awhile since I've explained this whole deal, but I won't make a huge issue out of it Vector I suppose has become a "style" because people make things in photoshop using the pen tool which emulates that of vector programs (yes, I know one can make vector in photoshop, not the point). Essentially, vector is an image type, its raster's counter-part.

I'm gonna argue with Kompakt on the suggestion that "vectors aren't supposed to have depth in them" because of course vectors are supposed to have depth in them. They are simply created a different way than other art. Just because someone makes something by filling colored shapes, that doesnt mean there shouldnt be depth to it. Its all good though, just wanted to clear that up a little bit.

On to the images. The first one definately isn't vector because it isn't even the vector "style". I think its too busy and you need to lose the pattern. The contrast is just way too high, it makes the colors too intense. To be honest, the second one looks like it took about 5 seconds (3 of those was photoshop applying the cutout filter). Can't really comment on it because its really just an example of what that filter does. You'll learn much quicker without using filters Keep on working

well im stuck i've been stuck at the same designing talent for like 2 months i can't improve anymore i dun know what to do the first 1 i used vector brushes so anyway whatever ty for positng jack its very intelligent you know ur vector thats for sure ty man ill prolly give up on the vector crap anyway ty