> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: My newbie sigs

Rate them 1-10 i know they suck

hmmm where to start with you hmmm your raiders sig is the best i think but im not the best myself i think you should scratch renders for awhile practice with backrounds just backrounds best to take it one step at a time you do got some things down but practice with backrounds expirement with them then mabye move to text and renders but master backrounds since it takes up most of your sig good luck

Theres a tutorial section here you know? Theres some great tuts made by users and staff from C-X on here.. check em out...

check http://www.deviantart.com/ too

@1 2/10 bg is WAAAAY too monotone + its boring AKA lame, renders arent blended and text isnt too good

@2 3/10 bg is also too monotone on this one, and again the renders arent blended, scanlines looks meh

@3 3/10 this time the bg actually have SOME color, buuut, render isnt blended, and text is meh

overall rate would be... imo 2/10

Dunec, just a tip, when CnCing, please refrain from using the word "Sucks". Please also give them tips on how to improve.

I think you need to improve 1 step at a time, try using the tutorials in the tutorial section of c-x.

Try first by making a canvas of any size to your choice. Practise brushing and colouring on that canvas then once your satisfied with how you did. Move onto a new canvas of any size and practice with a font such as times new roman and arial to get that looking good. (Which isnt hard IMO).
    Now go back to your canvas with the background on it then place a render on it. it works best if you use a game render, since they fit to sigs well.
    Practise blending and techniques on your renders such as duplicating and setting to overlay. Don't forget that the text doesn't have to be the main part of a signature, it can just be a side note. Some signatures have no text at all, they are meerly a peice of art in smaller form.

Don't forget above all to practice!

ok sorry, "Sucks" changed to "isnt too good"
    besides, he didnt ask for CnC, just to rate them, and he did say himself that they sucked... just a thing to think about...
    oh what I'm I saying, I'm such a crybaby :unsure:

@ first: everybody has to start slowly

of course these are newbie sigs ^^ but it doesn't matter

i think every pic isn't good, but it is a beginning

and listen everybody: not all sigs look good with blended renders!! but in this case ... you should blend :P

my tip:

if you use scanlines, use the "soft light" than it isn't so ... *look into dictonary* ... intensive and only shown on some parts.
    and (sorry) use fonts wich don't hurt the eyes ... it realy hurts ... look @ www.1001fonts.com

ääähm ... yup that's it ...