» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Site Layout

here is something i have been working on for my dad's company, bear in mind that his company is an engineering firm when critiquing please, but, what could i do to make it better, the buttons down the side are still a work in progress. of course, so is everything else. well. . . .here ya go, what do ya think, how could i make it better?

thanks

Woa..BIG. Doing a good job there. Hm..comments..i would say, in my opinion, too much blue need some black..make some outlines on some things. Your vertical nav bar (work in progress), but hopefully you will extend it down a bit..it looks way out of proportion..and for that i think it would be really neat if you redesigned it to kinda flow with the banner on the top. And the size of the upper nav bar should be similar to that of the one on the left, or vice versa..if you get me. But otherwise its looking great and i can't wait to see a live version

imho, make the banner across the top shorter, thats gonna take up alot of virtical browser space.

Also, you might think about makeing the vertical navbar slimer so it's the same width as the horazontal menu sections...i think it will help it blend in together, make it look like it "fits in" better if you catch my meaning.

and like TBO said, add some black in there ... might try a 1px black line around the buttons on the vertical menu to start, that would help establish them as seperate buttons of the menu, from the rest of the menu itself.

I'd also try a 1px blackline on the top and bottom of the horizontal menu...and also inbetween the horizontal menu buttons(would make them look more like individual buttons on a console or whatever...

all in all its lookin good so far, hehe, you'll tweak it 16million times between now and when you go live with it though, i guarantee, hehe.

Rinald

I actually dislike the color scheme you used - its very femine, and I feel it wont work for a company.

I suggest changing the color scheme a bit, or developing the site a bit more for further review. I wont submit a /10 yet, because it seems under-developed.