» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay- This is my first tutorial and I hope that people enjoy it and I hope it helps people into making some neat effects as well.

-First thing we're going to do is start off with a 500X500 pixel size (you can also choose your own size but for tutorial purposes I'll make it that size.
    Make sure your colors are set to default as well

Step one: Filter>Render>Clouds (Control+f them to your liking if your design isn't the way you want it)

Step two: Go to Filter>Pixelate>Mezzotint and use the short strokes, click ok.

Step 3: Filter>Blur>Radial Blur and use this:

Step 4: Repeat the radial blur one more time by holding control and pressing F

Step 5: Duplicate the radial blur layer and select the new one in the layers panel

Step 6: Go to Filter>Stylize>Find Edges and then control+I to invert the colors

It should look like this right now: (Before inverted colors) (It should be more black after you control+I it)

Step 7: Now, click back on the original radial blur layer-we're going to color it.

After you have clicked, type control+U to access the hue/saturation
    -Make sure you check the colorize box- I am going to choose a Red color for this layer but you can choose your own color. Move the saturation up to about 40 and leave the brightness the same and click okay.
    Note* You will not see the color yet because the duplicated layer is above the one we just edited and it is blocking the color-but we will fix that now.

Step 8: Click on the duplicated layer and set it to Soft light and control+U it to change the color. I chose an orangy red color for the layer to give it some more brightness. Make sure it relates somewhat to the previous color you chose. I.E. Red and orange, blue and green, purple and blue etc.

Here's what it's at now:

Okay-Only a few more steps for this.

Step 9: Now we just want to add a pattern. Create a new layer and make sure it's set at overlay. I used a diagonal line pattern for mine. If you need a tutorial on creating patterns, just search for it. Fill or brush your pattern on filling the entire background. Once you have done that, set it to 20% opacity.

Step 10: You're basically done! You can add some brushes or or things to it if you like.

Here's my final product on a sig

Hope you guys liked it!

Looks great man, we allready have a few that are similar to it =). Very cool, thanks for your submission!

looks great dude thx alot

sweet, and easy :P good job

Cool tut , nice result.

thx man.. I gonna try this out..

very nice tut .......sorry i don't have a sig...... i'm pretty new at this

cool...need to try this. I've seen other tuts like this, but this is different! I like it!

really neat buddy nice work

simple and bautiful! will try this out.