» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What are your feelings on drinking? (alcohol), should pubs have limits to how much they can serve each person?

Should people under 18 be allowed to drink?

I think, drinking is not as bad as smoking, as long as it is in small ammounts. If you get absolutely pissed, you are dangerous, you can't think straight and you could end up doing something really stupid. Pubs should keep a closer eye on people, and only serve a certain ammount. They should forget about their profit for a minute, and concentrate on peoples health. Drinking under 18 should not be allowed, when you are under that age, your organs haven't developed enough, and in big ammounts, alcohol can really damage you physically and emotionally.

What do you think?

yeh... i agree kinda... over the top drinking is bad... but a couple now and then well...

Death from above!

(: PPPPINK!!!!!

I have no problem with drinking under the age of 18.

I started before my teens, most of my friends started before my teens, most people I know started around the beginning of their teens. Then again, I'm British and it's pretty much exptected of you to drink as a teenager. Most of us turn out fine.

Should people under 18 be allowed to drink?
    Off the top of my head I'd say no. A person is considered a minor until they reach 18 and I find no reasons to allow them adult privileges.

in the UK ur allowed to buy cigarettes at 16 and drink from birth..... but when ur a kid, if u have a few beers you can get alchohol poisoning easy... I know someone who was 15 at the time, and chucked a whole bottle of whisky, and nearly died.... i think pubs should have strict limits

Originally posted by roofus@Mar 11 2006, 03:41 AM
    I know someone who was 15 at the time, and chucked a whole bottle of whisky, and nearly died....
    [snapback]114987[/snapback]
    That kid is probably a moron and is polluting the gene pool.

Once you get to high school drinking is fine as long as your not an idiot about it. The once you get to college, YOU BE DRANKIN! Like i said before in this thread, i think its perfectly fine to be drinking if they are in college, its just the social norm there.

Originally posted by MTB@Mar 2 2006, 07:24 PM
    They should forget about their profit for a minute, and concentrate on peoples health.
    [snapback]114619[/snapback]
    They wouldn't do that in a million years....

I don't drink, and I don't plan to anytime soon. Drinking is overrated, with people drinking so huge amounts when they're so small. You go to any "teen" party where I live, and you would see drinking anywhere. I say it's the persons' or parents' choice if they're son/daughter can handle it or not.

I'm edge, so i don't drink, don't smoke and don't do drugs. Drinking isn't a thing to be proud of. You kill brain cells, and you'll probably do something you will regret someday. Drinking in general isn't a good thing.

Originally posted by xobile.@Mar 11 2006, 01:03 PM
    I'm edge, so i don't drink, don't smoke and don't do drugs. Drinking isn't a thing to be proud of. You kill brain cells, and you'll probably do something you will regret someday. Drinking in general isn't a good thing.
    [snapback]115100[/snapback]
    ^ agree