» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is this right or wrong ? Post your opinions.

Spanking your child ..

Now there's an interesting topic!

I think it's 100% wrong, it's child abuse in my opinion.

Also, with younger children, spanking your child can damage their health dramatically.

Also, shaking babies is another huge problem, as it's a big killer.

Ok, i wasnt really spanked when I was little because I was a very good boy, just a little crazy, so it wouldnt affect me.

Spanking a child is 1, a very bad example to your children, 2, if you are always doing it, the kids prolly won't like you as much which, 3, would cause family problems. 4, It is just as bad as spanking another adult and telling them bad, In public.

If a kid does something wrong, he/she should be punished, it's as simple as that.

As long as a beating isn't unecessary, then I see no problem with hitting a child as long as they learn to differentiate between right and wrong. Some restraint would be required (as not to cause any serious injury).

I was hit as a child (not much compared to my older brother and sister), and I have no problems with it. If I stepped out of line, I got smacked, so I learned not to step out of line again.

Hitting babies, I could never do that.

dude, u just dont compare hitting/shaking babies to spanking children...

punishment is punishment, its the parents job to decide between spanking/time-out etc based on what the kid did

but yes, kids absolutly deserve to be spanked if they need it

Sometimes a child needs a good ass whoopin to keep them in line. Im not so sure punishments like "time-out" can have the same effect as spanking them. Dont get me wrong though, I dont think a parent should you know knuckle down on them and just beat them, but its necessary sometimes i think.

Well, I don't know about you guys. But when I have kids, if they are to step out of line, I'm going to give them a stern back hand.

spanking is a simple way of showing the child what to do and what not to do.

hitting is abusing the child, and teaches him or her nothing, and encourages problems later on in his or her life.

i think there is a definite difference between hitting and spanking. spanking doesn't really hurt, it is just more discomfort. hitting can cause damage.

Studies show that abused children usually become abusive parents.

Although, there is a big difference in spanking a child, and abusing them.

A spank is just a way that you enforce a rule, kinda like when you hit a dog on the nose when the dog does something bad. Spanks are usually controlled and you don't hit your child with all your strength.

Hitting (abusing) your child is different. This like poking a dog with an electric cattle prong when they are just in your way and annoying you. Hitting your child is usually not controlled and you hit them with a lot of your strength. Which is just plain wrong in my eyes.
    Current Tag:

Are you a deviant?
    I am
    www.firetap.deviantart.com

Originally posted by nyhl@Mar 11 2006, 10:47 PM
    Studies show that abused children usually become abusive parents.

Although, there is a big difference in spanking a child, and abusing them.

A spank is just a way that you enforce a rule, kinda like when you hit a dog on the nose when the dog does something bad. Spanks are usually controlled and you don't hit your child with all your strength.

Hitting (abusing) your child is different. This like poking a dog with an electric cattle prong when they are just in your way and annoying you. Hitting your child is usually not controlled and you hit them with a lot of your strength. Which is just plain wrong in my eyes.
    [snapback]115197[/snapback]
    in anyones eyes

debate pretty much settled; spanking is different than hitting, spanking is ok, hitting isnt