» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I'm organizing an online monthly magazine for download. It will feature general information on graphics, like updates on software etc. It will have news about the site, whats going on and what we plan to do in the future (this will probably be a limited section for awhile). We will also have interviews (also limited for now because we have to look for artists), tutorials, and we will showcase artwork from members that we think deserves it.

Heres how it will work: we'll need 3-4 designers and 3-4 writers (me and a couple other staff members will choose who). These 3-4 writers will gather interesting information about whats new in digital art, software updates, they'll interview artists etc. Basically they'll write up all of the content. They'll tell me information they've found etc. and then after writing up the copy, they'll give me what they've written. I'll check through it, make sure it all sounds good and works well. I'll hand it over to the designers who will show the information in an interesting way. They'll also be in charge of finding which pieces to showcase in the gallery section. As with the writers, I'll go through the design and make sure that it all moves smoothly (so one designer's work doesn't conflict with another's). We'll have to figure out a better name for it than Climb-X magazine though

That's pretty much the basic concept. Any comments or ideas? What do you guys think?

MTB and I were talking, and we thought that it should have a 'compressed edition' for non-subscribers and an 'exclusive edition' for subscribers.

You will see what I mean in the PSD I sent you.

-

Also, for those that don't know, this magazine will make Jack the Chief Editor, but he will still remain a global mod. Just to clear anything up before they are asked.
    Current Tag:

Are you a deviant?
    I am
    www.firetap.deviantart.com

I'll help with anything but the writing and interviews. My dad sees me doing that crap instead of language arts and I'm screwed

So far, the designers are Spid3r and -Element. Nyhl, are you up for it as well?

I think there should be 4 writers and 4 designers. That way there can be more people involved and we can efficiently get more done.

Anything I could do?

Sure, I'll be a designer
    Current Tag:

Are you a deviant?
    I am

I'm pretty good at writing, but pending on time we may need someone who researches the new stuff and I can write the articles about what the rest of the staff finds interesting, I haven't designed much lately so I don't know how much I can help there but i can try if needed pending, I'll talk more to nyhl about it first.

_El!te.

Sure, I'll do the designing...

heres an example of a website I designed last year. Not much, but it's really the only business type project I've done. I had to reupload to a new host because my dad shut the company down Pretty slow host sometimes.

Originally posted by me
    acuts.50webs.com

copy and paste that into the address bar, without http and everything, only that up there....

El!te is an awesome writer, we'll talk man
    Current Tag:

Are you a deviant?
    I am

So, we have 3 designers and 1 possible writer. I'll also be doing some of the design and writing. I'll keep looking for designers/writers around here.