Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

http://www.climatecrisis.net/

please go on this site and read the story watch a trailer

this is a movie that is telling about global warming

There's some info about the film

Extreme poverty, intractable wars, virulent disease, hatred of all stripes–these are a few of the scourges we live with today. And yet global climate change trumps them all; for if it's not addressed, all life on the planet will be devastated, regardless of geography, class, race, or creed. The Inconvenient Truth is the gripping story of former Vice President Al Gore, who became interested in this startling issue while at college 30 years ago, and now devotes his life to reversing global warming. Traveling the world, he has built a visually mesmerizing presentation designed to disabuse doubters of the notion that climate change is debatable. The heart of Davis Guggenheim's film is this elegant multimedia lecture itself, where Gore indisputably correlates CO2 emissions with exponentially rising temperatures, already responsible for dramatic climactic shifts like ice-cap melting, drought, and rising sea levels. Interwoven with this riveting public address are intimate moments revealing the poetic, searching side of Gore as he struggles to define his purpose in the aftermath of the 2000 election. This is activist cinema at its very best, for it serves to popularize and demythologize a problem long obscured by those most threatened by the solution. With humor and searing intelligence, Gore outlines crucial steps we must take to avert impending disaster and proves that inaction is no longer an option–in fact, it's immoral.— Caroline Libresco

Executive Producers : Jeff Skoll, Davis Guggenheim
    Producers : Laurie David, Lawrence Bender, Scott Burns
    Coproducer : Lesley Chilcott
    Editors : Jay Cassidy, Dan Swietlik

Screening Times

Tuesday , Jan 24 5:30 PM Library Center Theatre INCON24LE
    Wednesday , Jan 25 8:30 AM Prospector Square Theatre INCON25PM
    Saturday , Jan 28 1:00 PM Holiday Village Cinema IV INCON284D
    Sunday , Jan 29 12:30 PM Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, SLC INCON29TD

Director(s) Bios

Davis Guggenheim
    The First Year, Davis Guggenheim's PBS documentary about the challenging initial year of several public-school teachers, received a 2002 Peabody Award and the Grand Jury Prize at the Full Frame Film Festival. An executive producer on Training Day and director of the feature film Gossip, Guggenheim is also producer and director of the Emmy Award--winning HBO series Deadwood. His other credits include the documentary Teach and episodes of The Shield, Alias, 24, NYPD Blue, and ER.
    [/b]

I always knew it was true, but people didn't do crap about it.

I try doing things, but it's like w/e.

They came out with new a type of gas derived from corn, it should go global, for the better.

It's not really gonna matter that much in our lifetimes. Well, it could, but not that likely.

bullshit

liberal propaganda

It doesn't matter if it's gonna happen in our lifetimes... would you like your children, or grandchildren to be living in a world like this?

Yes, we are coming out with E85 Fuel for FlexFuel vehicles, and yes, we are adding 15% ethanol to all gas, but this alone won't help Global Warming. There is something more we need than just that.

Thanks for posting that Metal, I think I will go see it whenever it comes out.
    I will be making a pledge soon.
    Current Tag:

Are you a deviant?
    I am
    www.firetap.deviantart.com

WE ARE KILLING THE EARTH! IT IS ALL OUR FAULT!.... ah whatever nothing extreme will happen while im alive.. maybe we can construct some super ray gun or what not that will shoot into space and move the earth farther from the sun then we will not be so hot! wow.. i am hyper. dont drink Bawls before going to bed, ill be up for another 5 hours prolly..

I believe that Global Warming is a problem, and for your info I am not a liberal.
    The world is disgustingly polluted.... by humans. Theres simply too many on this planet.

Booooring