» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Basic idea is to think about what elements of your work you really need to work on making better. Be it color, design, or just whatever you think is your weakest point at the moment. I figure it could be interesting to see where people think theirselves weak. Might also give someone abit more of an idea as to the most needed area to focus on when they crit your work. Also maybe tell you if there is a more important area you need to work on before starting to fixing the issuse you have noticed yourself.

Mine would be filling up space and making the piece more complete. I can make the effects needed for the focus and the area I really enjoy working on. Though when it comes to the area around the the focus of the piece and the effects that make it kick I come up lacking. Thats why alot of my work is on solid color backgrounds or missing some needed 2d to finish it off. It mostly stims from the way I've always drawn. I've never really work on backgrounds because I was bad at them and for the past few years my skill with a pencil has gone to crap so I stopped working on it. Now its coming back and biting me in the ass.

What about you? What area of your work do you see yourself weak in?

For me its actually finishing work. Because the things I do take so long, I end up never finishing them. I have so many unfinished models, they probably take up half of my hard drive alone :lol: For a long time what I've been doing is simply improving in different areas of 3d, but I never create real art, just experiments. It's nice when there's a specific purpose for it like a contest/battle or a collaboration (though I have yet to do one!) because I typically have a time limit and extra motivation to finish. So, I suppose if I do more actual art then I'm sure I'd be able to see more weak points, but because I'm only doing experiments, finishing things is my main issue.

I really need to find out how to have good typografie also spending much time on a piece is hard for me ( im very unpatient )

and when it comes to the 2d aspect I suck

I really need to start making tags again

Nope, Kyou you need to start making the bigger stuff

Yeah alright, I really need to start making LPs

i need to start making...better stuff really :/ lol

I need to work on my typography a ton... and also, my sigs always lack details :P

and Jack, yes finally FINISH work! we are always talking about that on AIM lol
    ------

I have to get back the flow again. I've been in school so long, I forgot how to do tags (kind of). All I know is what techniques I used to use to make them, not how to impliment those techniques to make "the better tag". I also need more detail and flow on large pieces, and how to put in some extra effects to make them look better. I'm also weak on the typography.

I need to install illustrator( would but the stupid install wont work properly) and buy my wacom tablet. Also just basically do all lps for a few months