» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hard conflict

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but heres my problem:

Well I havent become ANY better in a very long time in graphics. I started two years ago this july. Over the past year everything has changed. I rember when grunge was still a style. So I have to make a decision.

Quit and never come back. Or stay and keep trying.

I look at private communities like fathom(not advertising) and I see people way better then me. I could only dream to become half as good. Its getting tiresome to try to think if I should quit or not. Tips anyone?

I gotta say I'm battling with the same thing..
    I havent touched PS for like 2 months and I really cant make anything decent anymore..
    But I really want to get better but I know its gonna take alot of time to do that..

anyways, jimma, if it really feels like you havent gotten anywhere for a looong time, then maybe gfx isnt something for you.. there are other things you could try like photography or whatever..
    but if you deep down inside of you feel that 'I can do this, I WILL get better', then continue to push on

being a mentor isnt really my thing so please tell me if I hurted you in any way :lol:

man no matter what your goin to find some1 who is better at something than you, you can only hope to make progress through your art when i look at some1 elses work sure i think its neat but if i look at a peice of work that i like of my own, i feel a bit of pride and tbh i get more out of a peice that i have done because at that time i put that certain emotion into it. I would say that the people in this private community might hav been like you....lookin at other graphics designers and saying "wow their really good" and instead of quiting they kept at it and now they hav become pretty good at it.
    Now im not sure if that helps at all just put things from my point of view. Also don't quit mayb giv it up for a while cud b an option i havent designed for about 3 months on and off, you can't force inspiration or good work it just comes. LOl now iv had my lil life story im done

Yeah. Art blocks are evil.. Sometimes you just get stuck at a certain level.. Just keep trying stuff, read more, expose yourself more and learn from other's critique.. Eventually you'll improve..

Gotta like your own stuff .. I always like my crappy cloud shit =p

No you didn't offend me. I feel something deep down I guess. But I realize it won't happen

But I realize it won't happen
    [/b]
    With that attitude you wont get anywhere..
    And yeah, as Lumix said, but I'll refrase it, you cant go pro over a night, keep trying and trying and trying..
    thats what most of the people who are pro's today did..

I don't have any wise words of wisdom and deep soul touching rants. =/ Mostly just keep trying. If you feel your stuck then try a different style or maybe a different median. Just try different things and your either get better over time or you won't. Either way if you like doing it then keep doing it, if you don't then quit or take a brake from it. In the end its up too you.

If nothing else get some feed back and find out what your doing wrong and work on it.

Don't worry about it jimma I've been doing digital art and graphics for 5 years now and I've definitely been in a similar situation multiple times. I've felt like I'm not improving and I'll never reach the level that I want to get to. Trust me, keep going and you'll get there. Work big and completely from scratch. Take risks and try things that seem like they're way out of your league. I garauntee you'll improve. Just don't stop

Just give it time and it will come to you. Comes to everyone at a different stage.

Thanks, Ill stay with it. Btw sobek you make it sound like puberty XD