> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Made this for my runescape clan..

any CnC welcome

If you can't give helpful criticism, then you won't be allowed to post. Be nice. -Jack

1 get of runescape
    2 such a thing called blending
    [/b]
    You don't have to be a ****ing asshole about it. Ever looked at your own sigs, especially your older ones?

Before i start, i would suggest you try to get off using downloaded brushes as soon as you can, or gradually lessen the use of them, because if you become too dependant on them, you won't go anywhere, your work won't be entirely your's, and you won't get as much recognition for your work.

You need to try and blend your stock into your sig, try either using a layer mask (for visibility) and gradually make parts of the stock less visible so it blends in with the rest of the signature, or another method is just erasing the stock layer, but i find using a layer mask easier because you have more margin for error.

You need to make a focal point in your signature. Right now your eye has no main spot to look at, as there is a large stock on the right, brushing on the left, text nearly covering the entire signature, etc. You need to try and get a main attraction on your signature, and this may change depending on the purpose of your signature.

Work on your typography/text. Right now it just seems slapped over everything. You definately need to spend more time on your text, because right now it seems it took you 30 seconds, just to type it and move it to the spot. I spend a long time on text when i decide to add text to my signature, sometimes up to an hour a day of tweaks if i'm not 100% happy with it.

With the background, doesn't really seem to have depth. As there are just blue spots of brushes and pitch black areas in between them and it sort of seems flat. After you've done with a signature, most of the time you should add a Brightness/Contrast layer or a Curves layer or a Levels layer to create more depth to the signature.

Your lighting seems odd to me in this, not 100% sure on it, but whenever you make a signature, make sure your lighting is correct, for example, don't have a stock with a big bright spot on the left of it's head/face and have all the lighter areas on the signature on the right.

If you need help or need comments on signatures or other work, add me on MSN (jordo.b@hotmail.com) or i'll just comment on your work here.

Hope this helps.

Phatso, that didn't make sense. Runescape sucks anyway.

lol, I agree with Sobek.

1 get of runescape
    2 such a thing called blending
    [/b]

Okay thanks..

1.. i'll go jump off of a bridge..
    2.. i'm still figuring out CS2
    3.. You made me feel like shit.

--------------------------------------------------

Thanks Sobek... i'll add yah, cause this might make me feel like a total idiot
    from just hearing phatso.. but only makes me wanna show him up.. so thats
    more insentive for me to get better.

----------------------------------------------------
    And if i wanna play runescape, i will play it.. dont like it?
    oh well deal with it.

k?
    thx have a great day

Try taking some of the render off. That big curved thing on the left side of the head desnt really need to be there. Try using the magnetic lasso to take it off. (Click and hold the lasso and choose the one with the magnet.)

Also, like Sobek said, try not to use a lot of downloaded brushes. A lot of what you see in your sig you could have made yourself, but seeing as you are still learning photoshop, doesn't bother me. You'll grow out of it sooner or later.

One new suggestion I have is read tutorials. Dont copy them exactly, but find ones that you like the outcome of and use the tutorial as a reference to learn how to do certain things. The rest is up to you and toying with photoshop. Good luck.

Okay thanks..

1.. i'll go jump off of a bridge..
    2.. i'm still figuring out CS2
    3.. You made me feel like shit.
    --------------------------------------------------

Thanks Sobek... i'll add yah, cause this might make me feel like a total idiot
    from just hearing phatso.. but only makes me wanna show him up.. so thats
    more insentive for me to get better.

----------------------------------------------------
    And if i wanna play runescape, i will play it.. dont like it?
    oh well deal with it.

k?
    thx have a great day
    [/b]
    Don't worry about him, there will always be negative people. You shouldn't let it discourage you. We all have to start somewhere, just keep it up and you'll get good.

As for the banner itself, I'll agree with Sobek

By the way, does your clan have a website?

Thanks

I didnt really let him get to me, was trying to get him to feel bad.. i went and made a few more but i dont like any of them..

Jack - i'm working on a website right now, but have just been really busy with work.. but here is the forum, its a bit of a mess for right now, but we're fixing it up.. http://z7.invisionfree.com/Silent_Revengerz/index.php

Thanks for the CnC