» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wow sig

Default wow sig

hi guys this is my first sig in 1 year.... its been a long time. please give CnC i need to inprove.

the brushes used are metal-cx's
    the render is from some one here on climb x ( sorry i cant remember the name)

go easy on me as i said the last time i made a sig was about 1 year ago :P

here is the new and improved version
    http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/7...sigcopyvv2.gif

You should make your sig smaller.. try to fit everything in a smaller canvas.. and then for a start use your tools and techniques/effects in a small area where they don't seem too "alone".
    Also you should use a brightness/contrast balance layer. That's the easiest way to add some depth to your concept.

Yeah just a little too big, as a general rule your best to stick to 400x150 and under. The background looks ok could do with some contrast and maybe think about sharpening it a touch. The render isn't working that well imo, just seems a little small for the canvas and the colours aren't really matching that of the background.

I have to disagree with Tai-Pan about there being a "rule". Really, there is no rules when it comes to size and graphics design. Go ahead and make it as big as you want, have fun with it and try to do something more than a signature. Sure, you want a signature to be small, but who likes small things? Go big or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by myst View Post
    I have to disagree with Tai-Pan about there being a "rule". Really, there is no rules when it comes to size and graphics design. Go ahead and make it as big as you want, have fun with it and try to do something more than a signature. Sure, you want a signature to be small, but who likes small things? Go big or go home.
    I think you'll find alot of sites have rules regarding sig size so bigger isn't always better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
    I think you'll find alot of sites have rules regarding sig size so bigger isn't always better.
    There are no rules regarding size in art. Sure, some sites limit the signature size, but why limit him to the canvas he creates art on? You can always cut out a portion of the larger canvas to use as a signature but why limit him to the smallest canvas. What I am trying to say is to try to do art on a larger canvas. It's a lot more challenging to create something on a larger canvas because you have to use more creativity and skill to fill up the canvas rather than taking a 4x1 inch rectangle and filling it up with nothingness.

^^ That may be true but it's a sig, the whole idea of it is a simple small piece of art that identifies who you are on forums. It isn't a serious piece or art and nor should it be taken as one. If he wants to make large art then fine do so however as I said it's a general rule, it's not written in stone.

ok thanks guys alot of the things you guys have said now poping back into my mind ( sharpening, brightness and contrast ect)

sorry for such a big sig lol thats the size i used to do them but i will do smaller now
    and just a question how do i add curves to all the layers?? i dont have ps cs2...only7

Ctrl-M is curves.

It's decent. I don't think the colors really work though. Text could use some adjustments. Also, just add some blending and contrast like everyone else said and it'll be good.

how is this one?? conpared to the old version