» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kick-tasstic TV

Default kick-tasstic TV

OMG!!!! So my bro and I got $500 EACH from our grandmother for X-Mas, and what did we do with that money?

We put it together, and bought a Brand New $1350 Samsung 32" High Def LCD Flat Panel TV for only $896 at SAMS. We put it in our gameroom and bought a 4 year warranty (1 through samsung, 3 through SAM'S Club).
    This thing is sooo amazing, pics (sorry about picture quality, taken with Camera Phone):

Pictures taken with the Gears of War main screen, I'll take some better, high-definition pictures later
    So far though, this TV is incredible. My parents are going to get a 50" HD Plasma (or higher) for the living room
    Samsung makes some of the best quality TV's out there, and they have some pretty good price tags as well.

Difference between LCD and Plasma:
    LCD = Not as rich colors as plasma, but generally more detailed. Better for gaming than plasma, and great for movies/television.
    Plasma = Very rich colors, blacks are darker and details aren't as defined (but still much better than any CRT TV). Unsurpassed for movies or television.

All LCD or Plasma TV's don't have any phasing, which means you can see the picture the same regardless of what angle you're viewing it at (as long as you don't pass a 179* angle)

DLP: Much slimmer CRT TV, amazing quality, but you still get phasing with these (they have to be in front of you, and not too high or low). The detail almost matches that of a Plasma or LCD. Very nice quality for a CRT TV, and the technology is a product of Texas Instruments.

Anyway... yeah... secks in a box
    Current Tag:

Are you a deviant?
    I am
    www.firetap.deviantart.com

If you plain on gaming don't get a Plasma. Burn in sucks.

I use this LCD for gaming, the Plasma is for the livingroom (where we watch movies and just television)
    Current Tag:

Are you a deviant?
    I am

I always got told LCD TV's were like really6 crap and break easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm View Post
    I always got told LCD TV's were like really6 crap and break easily.
    How so? It's just a different quality. Just about every flat screen computer monitor is LCD, but I have 2 (a 15" which I've owned for 4 years, and a 17" which I've had for 2). Both of which haven't come close to breaking yet.

DLP's however have to have the lamp replaced every year, and some people confuse that with being broken.
    Current Tag:

Are you a deviant?
    I am

My friend's family bought a really good LCD tv, and after about the 2nd time using it, it started smoking up and just died.

My friend's family bought a really good LCD tv, and after about the 2nd time using it, it started smoking up and just died.

Looks like it was really crappy then

Quote Originally Posted by Spid3r View Post
    Looks like it was really crappy then
    QFT, I had mine running for 8 hours straight on the "gamers" performance setting (highest for video games) while I played XBL on Gears of War. I haven't had one side effect of it.
    Current Tag:

Are you a deviant?
    I am

=/ Maybe Australian products are dodgy?

=/ Maybe Australian products are dodgy?
    lol

need to fill up space