> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How did you start off?

Well, just thought I should make a thread explaining how we started off our sig-making and share your old, old, old work with us.

Shameful to say, I feel like a retard now, I started because I joined a clan on Runescape. I went of the clan forum and saw all these awesome (well, not awesome now of course) tags from members and decided I should give it a try on making them. Yeah, and then I started looking around on the internet for tutorials like mad.. newbie me

I remember the old days where most tutorials say: grab some random downloaded brushes, make the colour white and slap them on a layer. Then make a new layer and then slap them on again using black. Add a render, somehow try to blend it in and make a colour balance layer, use cloud filter effects on it, add a border and voila, you're done!

I, sadly, has lost my first sig made ever due because a couple of viruses thought they were too fugly. But I do have a couple of really old ones I'll try not to burn your eyes out.

Third or fourth:

Beginning of my CX days:

No idea, I forgot :

Oh and I thought it would be great to post the first drawing I ever did digitally

<3 Fuzzy

awesome, i am loving the sigs and espeacily the picture of the cow
    when i first started doing my sigs and stuff with photoshop it was becuase of a wrestling forum i was with, and they had a section for sigs, so i thought i would give it a crack....
    unfortunatley i dont have any of them still on my computer...
    it is probly for the best anyways... save me the embarsment

I started back in 2005 i guess, i would show you my old work, but sadly its on another computer that i dont have access to right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bjmprime View Post
    I started back in 2005 i guess, i would show you my old work, but sadly its on another computer that i dont have access to right now.
    remember me? I'm octane
    Current Tag:

Are you a deviant?
    I am
    www.firetap.deviantart.com

I started back in 2003. Joined AAOTracker after I started playing America's Army. They had a signature section, and I got hooked. Through influential members there I found some good gfx sites and went on to be a moderator and designer on a few. I gave up Americas Army. In 2005, the sites I had been on had died, so I joined CX. I didn't much like it, it was too busy and cranky. Gave up gfx soon after. Played Counter Strike and Call of Duty and other popular games with my friends a lot until mid 2006. Then I gave up computer stuff in general. Finally I got an email about this website, and I have become active online again in a few places. I hope to start getting back into gfx as well.

My original work is on my other computer.....too lazy to go to the other room right now.
    Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by nyhl View Post
    remember me? I'm octane
    oh yes, i remember you so good.

i started, late 2004, after being down at a m8s and watching him doing some... loved it straight away.

My First:

About when i joined CX:

Death from above!

(: PPPPINK!!!!!

Looks way better than mine. Wow, you joined at around July 05 - but I don't remember seeing you around CX until later on.

<3 Fuzzy

lol... i was there before you!!!! but hmmm dunno why... no1 really payed me any attention when i joined... lol... not really untill i perswaded benny (ECN) to come here and that was much latter.

Death from above!

(: PPPPINK!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chucks View Post
    Well, just thought I should make a thread explaining how we started off our sig-making and share your old, old, old work with us.

Shameful to say, I feel like a retard now, I started because I joined a clan on Runescape. I went of the clan forum and saw all these awesome (well, not awesome now of course) tags from members and decided I should give it a try on making them. Yeah, and then I started looking around on the internet for tutorials like mad.. newbie me

I remember the old days where most tutorials say: grab some random downloaded brushes, make the colour white and slap them on a layer. Then make a new layer and then slap them on again using black. Add a render, somehow try to blend it in and make a colour balance layer, use cloud filter effects on it, add a border and voila, you're done!

I, sadly, has lost my first sig made ever due because a couple of viruses thought they were too fugly. But I do have a couple of really old ones I'll try not to burn your eyes out.

Third or fourth:

Beginning of my CX days:

No idea, I forgot :

Oh and I thought it would be great to post the first drawing I ever did digitally

I really like the sig when u started with CX
    Nicknames:
    ^Naabzor
    Appelsientje
    n00binat0r
    Kill-0-Matic
    Nikki

Sigs:
    You! make one for me! I need it!