» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Hello Everyone

Default Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone,

Lately, I have been checking out Climb - X again and noticed the changes in activity and the site itself. Back then, there was this cool forum skin and there were coding tutorials as well as the photoshop tutorials (still amazing). I've learned a lot from just reading the tutorials and seeing some SOTW. But can anyone explain to me what happened to this forum?

Also, the signatures I'm seeing in Climb - X right now are amazing.
    I absolutely love Smiling Demons and Hellions signatures. I hope there is a way for me to learn how to make sigs like that.

I hope to be seeing you guys around this forum. When I get the courage, I hope to participate in some of your contests.

Thanks,
    Lazy Child

wow thanks for the special mention man tho if your refering to my current it was made by skybringdeath (now mw.sky).

Anyway quick history: Metal (i guess you remember him lol), sold the site to someone, who then sold it to a guy called mtb, who basicly was only in it for the money and he near enough wrecked the forum. The current owner bought it off him about 2 months later and although he is a nice enough guy, he runs alot of sites and has very little time for Climb-X also he hasn't got round to giving anyone much in the way of permissions, even tho i'm an "Admin" of sorts, really the only thing i can do is manage users and play around with the forum categories. I don't have ftp access or anything like that so at the moment i can't add/remove any mods to the forums, and it also means were stuck with this standard skin for the moment.

I'm trying to get hold of him again to push getting more permissions to hopefully change some of those things.

Death from above!

(: PPPPINK!!!!!

@ Smiling Demon

I've seen some of your signatures on the forum and your current signature, and most of them look amazing.

Judging from what I have read so far. Its sad to see such a great forum turn to dust after all the hard work that was put into it. I noticed GFXDugout also got sold too? Anywho, how come everyone doesn't make a new forum and continue on from there? Or is the forum too sacred for any changes?

Yeah, I remember Metal, the guy who made these amazing brushes. I also remember watching a tutorial from Krazy who was also pretty amazing. Any reason Metal sold the forum?

Thanks,
    Lazy Child

Thanks man

Nah gfxdogout closed because of lack of funding more than anything.

And we could go to another forum, but kinda like what happened to the dugout, noone here really has the money to set up a new one. Also half the point that any of us are still here is that CX has a sentimental value to us (like this was my first real gfx site), and we don't want to see it die like this... and if we went somewhere else, it wouldn't really be CX.... if you see what i mean lol.

Death from above!

(: PPPPINK!!!!!