Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New sig ;)

Default New sig ;)

i just made a couple of mins ago
    hope you giys like

The canvas size is too big...
    I don't want to be mean, but i really don't like it... You should go do some tutorials m8.

humm have you seen any of my other work

it's alright m8 but yeh i agree ur size is a bit too big.

i think my main crit is the green it doesn't seem to go with the dark colours of the guy. Maybe some reds and greys wud look better?

Also try making ur bgs more interesting. I used to get told that a lot but my problem was i was tryin to use renders. Did u use a render for this or did u use a stock?

I would recommend using a stock because there is already a background there u can give a focal and make more interesting just until u get to grips with more effects and techniques.

It's not bad tho m8. haha i don't think i've ever shown ne1 my first few sig because they were sooo bad! keep working at it, take ur time and experiment! hope i've been of help 2 u!

Quote Originally Posted by Acrodiam View Post
    humm have you seen any of my other work
    nope

kk cool thanks for the advice what size do you make yours.
    and where could i get stock from and... try looking for Acrodiam showcase and there be some of my work there
    or you can add me on msn so ittl be easier to show and you could help me out a bit

Well... Basically I don't go bigger than 400x150 pixel... And mostly I use something like that 400x150 or 400x120 or something... 350x120? Dunno. lol, depends...

good site for stocks are: http://www.sxc.hu/ and http://www.google.com/

Death from above!

(: PPPPINK!!!!!

i use the stocks sd has given i think or some of them anyway lol. I tend to stick to about 350*110 or 120. Theres nothing really wrong with the size u used if it was cropped a bit it might look better? it's jus ur background is a little empty when making a background the distort filters can make some good looking random patterns which u can build up. If you are struggling for tuts...i use PSDTuts which is good at showing techniques. not specifically tailored to sigs but u can still use their techniques all the same. I think my addy is in my profile m8...u can add me but am not on very often these days...

Generally, anywhere from 350-450 for width and 100-150 for height is good. Personally, I like to make my canvases very oddly sized. It's a personal thing. Recently I've been working with like, 387x139.