» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Sig

Default New Sig

This is my 6th sig that i have made and wondering what you guys think. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks in advance
    Last edited by asal; 07-13-2008 at 09:53 AM. Reason: added light source

Wow..thats your 6th?

My 6th sig was a picture of Yoda with plastic wrap...and crappy gold text lol.

Nice job for someone with your level of skill.

But some pointers to help you get better is to try and blend your render in to the sig alittle, makes a whole lot of difference. Use better text colors, black white, or something that is already in the sig.

Also, add a light source, but keep up the good work dude.
    These machines feed off the tears, of broken lives and dying dreams. - Rise against.

Default ok

Thanks for the tips and im gonna go fix it up and then post it again so can you check back in a little??

Sure.
    These machines feed off the tears, of broken lives and dying dreams. - Rise against.

Default Better

Ok this is it with light source. I tried to blend it in better with the eraser, but whenever i tried it wouldnt work good. just tell me what you think now.

Last edited by asal; 07-13-2008 at 09:53 AM.

Maybe make oyur name a little smaller and lace it under the longer text. Also move that one a bit up maybe.
    Colorss are not too bad.
    Blend in the render a bit either with layer masks or a soft eraser.
    Work a little on the bg.
    But really nice job on being your 6th Keep it up^^

Formerly known as silentshadow
    http://flickr.com/aeilertsen

Well, what first strike me is that the render just looks slapped on. and colors do not match really well. You should do some blending to make the bg flow better with the render. Ehhm regarding the text, try not seperating the text all around the sig, cuz its gonna be to messy and focal point is harder to find.

THe Asal text needs to be changed to a different font IMO. Try a font like..Arial, Eurose works well if ya have it. I never downloaded it yet i have it so i guess it's a default but everyone i talk to doesnt have it :-\.

The fear the darkness text is good, butIMO it should be moved to where the ASAL is or the ASAl text should be moved to the fear the darkness text. I don't likehaving two spots of text because it makes it your eyes flick back and forth from both of the text and over the render.

IMO the BG is much better this time, you definetly took the CNC you got last time to heart. HOwever i still don't see much blending. Try to smudge over the render a bit, or you could try using splatter rbusheswith clipping masks...I don't know if you know how to do them though. If you don't i can teach ya.

You might wanna add a light source. To the left. To do this I think the best way is to:
    create a new layer
    fill it black
    Get out a large (100 px-200px) 0% hardness 80% opacity brush
    Then brush once where you want your light source to be.If you want it colored before your brush use the eye dropper tool and pick up a light color.

Overall though you seem much better. Keep this up, and keep working at it.

BTw: i will upload those c4d's to a seperate site, ut I"m not at my computer right now, I'm on my parents so next time I'm on my computer i'll upload them and PM them to you.

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    used the last two pages to roll a joint though
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD

Default thanks

Thanks for the replies but i try to erase parts of the render to blend it in but it wont erase good. I know how to blend but its not working very good lol. if any knows how to fix this, please tell me.

to create those clipping masks just make a new layer and brush with a brush you like, then hide the layer create a new and apply image on it. unhide the layer with the brush on and on the applied image layer pres ctrl+alt+g then move around.

there ya go if thats to complicated then im a bad teacher cuz its an easy effect.