> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kisuke Urahara

Default Kisuke Urahara (Newer Version Uploaded!)

SO, i've been watching Bleach recently, and i just LOVE Urahara :P

So, i decided i really wanted a Urahara sig/avatar so i tryed to get em done myself :P

I'm very new to Photoshop, this like my 5th sig and i've never really spent much time on a sig, so you kinda get How new i'm to PS now hopefuly xD

So this is the sig

And this is the avatar

I think i did a pretty good job, i honestly love em ^_^
    Btw, i cut the render myself with the pen tool, i also tryed to give the idea of Depth in the sig, a friend of mine told me as an advice to erase some parts of the render with a grunge brush but i don't even have an idea of what he meant with that xD

I'd really like to know your opinions on this because i really wanna get better with PS, please go easy on me tho, i'm still a nabcake <3
    Last edited by RiseBankai; 07-16-2008 at 09:16 AM.

Haha it's definetly bleched. It's always really hard to work with a render that is compleltly white. I think overall you did alright. There seems to be a lot of effects, but no blending. If you added some blending to this by laying some of the effects over him, or smudging him a bit, actually clipping masks would work well also. It'd make this sig a lot better.

The text: You shoul get rid of the outerglow and drop shadow. If makes it so the text can't blend in with the sig. I think you should also read my Text basics tutorial. It covers how to create text that flows with your sig.

The Bg works well, but again you need that blending. Not bad.

I like the avatar more than the sig. The stripes works very well.

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    used the last two pages to roll a joint though
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Haha it's definetly bleched. It's always really hard to work with a render that is compleltly white. I think overall you did alright. There seems to be a lot of effects, but no blending. If you added some blending to this by laying some of the effects over him, or smudging him a bit, actually clipping masks would work well also. It'd make this sig a lot better.

The text: You shoul get rid of the outerglow and drop shadow. If makes it so the text can't blend in with the sig. I think you should also read my Text basics tutorial. It covers how to create text that flows with your sig.

The Bg works well, but again you need that blending. Not bad.

I like the avatar more than the sig. The stripes works very well.
    Thanks for the opinion
    It sucks that i dont know how to work with clipping masks, nor how it works/does lol

I think i get what you mean about the render, like, i could of smudged the render a little bit to blend with the bg, right?
    Idk any other effects i can use on the render tho >.<''

I didn't really use that many effects but erm, the Blur tool on the background to try to give it the depth idea.

I used some brushes and a C4d and cut the render with the pen tool.

But yeah, i agree with what you said, i'll try and later on work on it, see how it goes
    And about the text i totally agree with you, even tho i was like "oh, this text looks pretty *done*" lol you know what i mean? xD

But now that you said what you said, you make me think, and you're right, i'll try and see your tut too^^

Thank you very much, it's these kind of opinions that make me improve, i'll work on it in a little bit after i've watched bleach and show the results after too :P

Thank you ^^

Bump

Sig... kinda what papa said. blend somehow.
    but bg looking really good^^

Formerly known as silentshadow
    http://flickr.com/aeilertsen

Bump

Papa, i tryed to follow what you said, this took like, not even 5 mins :P
    and this is the outcome

What do you say? ^_^
    Last edited by RiseBankai; 07-16-2008 at 09:24 AM.

The text looks better from what I can see. Still could use some improvement and creativity. Great sig btw.

I spot some overcontrasm in the upper mid, I'm not quite a lover of overcontrasm. Check out some tutorials on blending, I'm sure there are enough here on the board.

As for the font, stay away from those special effects like drop shadow, and outer glow, it gives me a somewhat impression of amateurism haha.

Also I'm not quite sure if it was such a good idea to use a non-coloured stock with a vivid blue background but that's maybe something you have to decide yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    I spot some overcontrasm in the upper mid, I'm not quite a lover of overcontrasm. Check out some tutorials on blending, I'm sure there are enough here on the board.

As for the font, stay away from those special effects like drop shadow, and outer glow, it gives me a somewhat impression of amateurism haha.

Also I'm not quite sure if it was such a good idea to use a non-coloured stock with a vivid blue background but that's maybe something you have to decide yourself.
    I agree lol
    the truth is, i'm an ammateur!

And yeah, i used that render the way it is because, the guy wears green the whole anime, and i just dont like green, thats why i used that render xD

Anyways, check the one i did after Papa's coments pl0x xD
    and thx for the coment ^^