» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: muse

Default muse

Here it is ^^

I know its crappy compared to your guys, but i think it's my best there'll ever be.
    cnc plz? =3

YOU CAN ALWAYS GET BETTER!!!
    it has decent lughting and blending. just if you did (on a duplicate of the render)(blur>gausian blur [w/e i use 2.4], then set it on lighten on top of mostly everything, then erase all but the edges and bright spots.) it adds a sweet lighting effetcs, here yours just looks a bit overdone on the guitar.

Yea, I'd agree with Nazz, a tad bright overall.
    Maybe take the lighting off the render and leave on the guitar with a little less opacity.
    Cool job though.

Yay! I got two posts, maybe you guys hate me less then i thought ^^

what they said ^
    But effects on the guitar are lovely, but a bit bright.
    And text is nice

Formerly known as silentshadow
    http://flickr.com/aeilertsen

Quote Originally Posted by nazz View Post
    YOU CAN ALWAYS GET just if you did (on a duplicate of the render)(blur>gausian blur [w/e i use 2.4], then set it on lighten on top of mostly everything, then erase all but the edges and bright spots.) it adds a sweet lighting effetcs, here yours just looks a bit overdone on the guitar.
    Compleltly agree. Though the blur set to lighten gives a great effect it's easilly over done. If you erase parts of it over the guitar i think it'd be much better.

COlorwise it's pretty good, your lucky you have those orangy sparkle things from the blur set to lighten, otherwise this would be a severe case of monotone XD.

IMO the text is awesome, I'm not a fan of the gradient though. I tend to try to get poeple to stay away form blending options and stuff because it makes it really hard to get text that blends..However if you are hell bent on using them, you should try adding a bright red color overlay and lowering the opacity to about 50% on it.

This will ensue you can see the text but will also make the gradient look more like the BG.

The blending is great! You did a great job on it. My only problemis i dont really see any depth (meaning everything looks to be the same distance away fromt he camera as the render). Blur some parts of the sig to try to give it more depth. Typically around the sides and around SOME (very little) effects is a great place to do it.

Finally your lighting is a bit off. IMO this is one of those two lightsource moments. It seems he has one above his right shoulder (where you have one), and above his left shoulder (where your missing one). I think if you add one it'd help a lot.
    The lighting looks okay but quality wise i feel like..it doesn't have the glow..that a light should. try this:
    Create a new layer
    Fill it black and set to linear dodge
    paint on it once using a 100 px, 80% opacity, and 0% hardness brush (in white or red, i prefer bright colors)
    Then paint once or twice where you want the lightsource to be.

This will give it a very glowy effect and make it look liek a real lightsource...not to say your current isn't great But i feel liek it needs a bit more glow.

Overall pretty good I think this is a lot better than your other. GJ

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    used the last two pages to roll a joint though
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Compleltly agree. Though the blur set to lighten gives a great effect it's easilly over done. If you erase parts of it over the guitar i think it'd be much better.

COlorwise it's pretty good, your lucky you have those orangy sparkle things from the blur set to lighten, otherwise this would be a severe case of monotone XD.

IMO the text is awesome, I'm not a fan of the gradient though. I tend to try to get poeple to stay away form blending options and stuff because it makes it really hard to get text that blends..However if you are hell bent on using them, you should try adding a bright red color overlay and lowering the opacity to about 50% on it.

This will ensue you can see the text but will also make the gradient look more like the BG.

The blending is great! You did a great job on it. My only problemis i dont really see any depth (meaning everything looks to be the same distance away fromt he camera as the render). Blur some parts of the sig to try to give it more depth. Typically around the sides and around SOME (very little) effects is a great place to do it.

Finally your lighting is a bit off. IMO this is one of those two lightsource moments. It seems he has one above his right shoulder (where you have one), and above his left shoulder (where your missing one). I think if you add one it'd help a lot.
    The lighting looks okay but quality wise i feel like..it doesn't have the glow..that a light should. try this:
    Create a new layer
    Fill it black and set to linear dodge
    paint on it once using a 100 px, 80% opacity, and 0% hardness brush (in white or red, i prefer bright colors)
    Then paint once or twice where you want the lightsource to be.

This will give it a very glowy effect and make it look liek a real lightsource...not to say your current isn't great But i feel liek it needs a bit more glow.

Overall pretty good I think this is a lot better than your other. GJ
    wow, bigass comment right there ^^ thanks alot for all your advice, here i added brighter lightsource and deapth probably made it worse, but meh it's what i do ^^

I liek the lightsource, but It brought out the blur set to lighten a lot on his torso and face. If you can erase that around his face, torso, and on the lightsource, it'd make it much much better.

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    used the last two pages to roll a joint though
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD

ownage much?