» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I personally hate all the little card games(i.e. pokemon, yugioh, digimon..) that are out today..I was into it about 4 years ago..but that is long gone now...so..whats your take on them?

i didn't realise they were card games... to me card games are like 500, poker, black jack...

times hav a changed.

I actually i play yugioh. I make money at playing. It recieve about 15 bucks a week from it. I wanna goto regionals and nationals sometime. I like yugioh but the rest suck some major ass.

Yeah, they suck, video games are a much better way to spend your time. ^_^

i would have said making gfx is a better pursuit... also reading.

I do play MTG in my spare time. But then again, MTG has been around for at least 10 years, and is aimed at adults more than children. I did go through a pokemon phase, I think everyone about our age did. I don't take Magic as seriously as some though.. although often I feel like I'm going to burst out laughing at friends when they squabble over spell effects, or whether or not a card is legal. For me, it's just something to do with my friends, when we're not online. There's an awful lot of spare time we get given in college, and the tables in the common room are big enough to play an 8 player game. But I'll go with MetalSkin here, reading is my one true love!

lol, i never went through the pokomon phase as it didn't occur until I was in my mid to late 20's. though my kids went through it. When I was a kid the craze was yoyo's or skateboards or rollerskates... Of course sports based cards were popular, but only by people who followed sport.

In all honesty the card crazes of the 90's and today were started by manufacturers and merchandisers trying to find new markets. They realised that making something 'collectable' would make it more popular and thus they could move more stock and make money.

Sorta sad now, how each new craze comes with its own cards.... harry potter, lord of the rings, etc.

yea i think its pathetic, i was into the yugioh thing for a while, but its stupid, just like pokeman was. right now i spend all my time on graphics or reading or getting my website up. or surfing these freaking aewsome forums
    If you want help...
    Screw you
    If you make sigs...
    Screw you

True metal.. everything has it's t-shirts, socks, chess sets and cards :/ .
    What tickles me is that Magic is the only thing I know of where the cards came first and the books second.

I have over 3000+ pokemon cards from like 4 years ago...sad I know but I dont want to just throw them away...they can be worth some $$ later on maybe...