> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: gemini

Default gemini

I'm so creative guys! *sarcasm* lol, i was just having a go at space art, i tried it before but failed huge, this time i think i did a bit better. More patience and time to look for stocks.

stocks are from nasa and a bunch of other websites off google.
    I made everything myself.

I read through two tutorials before doing this, but did not follow either exactly.

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    used the last two pages to roll a joint though
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD

stocks?
    You mean there's more besides the earth one?

You should have a go at making the planet your self.. Gives you freedom to experiment in every direction..

But it looks good! i think the planet is a bit too desaturated tho, id like it to hav more colors..

nice stuff papa, looks nice.

lol thanks guys.

At stud and nilson, i made the planet myself. The earth is composed of around 7-8 different stocks taken by satallites from space. I cloned them all toegther and duplicated thema nd everything to get what i have now.

lol whats the point of making space art if you dont make the planet yourself?

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD

nice work papa! Besides it's quite small(of forum version?) I like it.

The earth texture is amazing and looks really sweet. Enough detail, enough variation, and the white snow/clouds are sexy!

But I think the blue corona ruins it. The color is way to blue and looks unrealistic compared to the beautiful planet. You should try a much lighter blue, or maybe even a green or brown color. Maybe an almost white corona looks nice. Anyway, I would change that.

The starfield looks good. Enough stars and enough variation. It looks realistic. I would only change the bright starcluster in the center. It's too bright imo, and looks overexposed. And the whiteblue ray of light looks ok. I don't think it adds a lot to the picture but it isn't that bad. It don;t know what to say about it =P

Repsect for the texture! its very nice. hope this adivce can help you =)

oh and btw, are you on gfxvoid since the beginning? or did you have a name change? or..did you joined after?
    • meh,don'tlikesigs

Quote Originally Posted by Pleymo View Post
    nice work papa! Besides it's quite small(of forum version?) I like it.

The earth texture is amazing and looks really sweet. Enough detail, enough variation, and the white snow/clouds are sexy!

But I think the blue corona ruins it. The color is way to blue and looks unrealistic compared to the beautiful planet. You should try a much lighter blue, or maybe even a green or brown color. Maybe an almost white corona looks nice. Anyway, I would change that.

The starfield looks good. Enough stars and enough variation. It looks realistic. I would only change the bright starcluster in the center. It's too bright imo, and looks overexposed. And the whiteblue ray of light looks ok. I don't think it adds a lot to the picture but it isn't that bad. It don;t know what to say about it =P

Repsect for the texture! its very nice. hope this adivce can help you =)

oh and btw, are you on gfxvoid since the beginning? or did you have a name change? or..did you joined after?
    lol I've been with the void..since..i started, lol i don't know when on the timeline it was, but it wasn't since the beginning i joined about a year and a half ago to two years. But i did have a name change my name previously was paparoksguitar.

Thanks a ton for your great indepth CnC it really really helps. It'll make my next space work even better.

It is the small forum version i have a bigger upload of it, but it's not nearly as sharp.

lol the corona (i'm guessing the glowing halo like thing?) I didn't even really think much about the color XD i probabaly should have taken it more into consideration. i was just trying to make the span of the glow look realistic.
    lol the bright flare thing was just kind fo hit or miss. i was trying different techniques ot see what worked and it came down tot he good ol'e tablet.
    I'll try and make the glow more realistic and make the stars more realistic next time too. Thanks a lot for your cnc!

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD

Hm.. ok :P I don't know if I still remember you since I was here, or I know oyu since..later xD

and I ment the glowing halo thing with 'corona' and I think the bright flare is a hit, but it still can be improved(ofcourse, everything can be improved xD). I really like it that you try a lot.. good do develop your skills even more.
    • meh,don'tlikesigs

hmm as said the outerglow is a bit intense i think you could easily soft that out a bit and are you sure the inner and outerglow is the same colour? or almost same color? Ehhmm nice job on the earth dude xD the same way i do my planets xD alot of stocks cloning tool coppy paste erase xD can be a loong process.
    i normally do mine on a canvaz there is like 8000x8000px. ;p how did you make your planet? with the filter? cant remember the name? if you did i would like to tell you a way that is way easier and alot quiker xD I made em that way at first to

On to the stars.
    nothing much to say, but some places its pretty easy to see that you erased. if i can use your work ill show ya what i mean?

good job on the impact.

All in on a solid space scene you have here

nice job i personally like the outer glow and flare. The starfield is great imo. GJ papa