> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default Vital - Nutritionist

Yeah...erm
    This design is for my mom, as she's just finished her nutritionist school. She wants a website for... well, I have no idea why, but she's paying, so it's fine by me.

CnC gladly appreciated.

-kon

looks fantastic, really professional. love the clean colours, and the stock photos are suitable too.
    great job.

The initial template is designed well and quite efficient IMO.

Though for the actually design it seems to be lacking. Some more defined divisions
    between your content would help, and it would help to darken the color of orange
    you have for your headers a bit more.

Also since this is all about health it seems like a logo that has something to do with
    food would better suit this site. I don't know if that's what you attempted but ATM
    the logo just a looks a a cooperate design. Which if it was a business could work
    but if it's for information like a .org site then I suggest a logo that represents the
    content. Something else that might help the logo is tighten up the kerning a bit, the
    text seems a bit far, almost to where "VITAL" looks like initials rather than the word
    vital.

If you really wanted to get creative you could also create some nice unique buttons
    that are also some design of veritable or fruit, even bowls or spoons. Since your
    creating a site for food you could also be much more creative with colors since sites
    developed for food usually represent multiple styles of food, especially fruits which
    are very colorful.

Anyway hope some of this helps, there's so much you could do with this site that I
    really suggest going for more of a graphically appealing design that's colorful, than
    a simplistic layout.
    Last edited by Nightfire; 08-28-2008 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfire View Post
    Also since this is all about health it seems like a logo that has something to do with
    food would better suit this site. I don't know if that's what you attempted but ATM
    the logo just a looks a a cooperate design.
    /disagree
    it looks like a lively stick figure. and goes with the slogan "live lively".
    but i do agree with almost everything else you noted.

I agree entirely with the darkening of the orange colors - or I think I do. I'm not sure - I need to look at this from a different monitor, as I'm not sure if mine's showing colors properly.
    As for color diversity - I may add some green. I did only orange and green because my mother requested a website themed by those colors xD
    Oh, and the logo was a redesign of her old logo - two inversed semi circles with a head on top (imagine an x with a head on it). I figured going for something a bit more active might be better, as her job is both about human contact, and about people being healthy (and thus energetic)

Thanks for the CnC, I'll think about the fruit buttons ^^

-kon

looks nice my friend.

ouch harsh man, your making your mom pay? haha you don't mess around.

I like this a lot it looks very professional and fresh. It makes me feel like nutrition is a good thing, you are definitely selling her company with this design.

man some flash on this would be awesome. Like rollovers, when you rollover the buttons some nice abstract wavey line sin bright colors like runs across in random motions in the header..sick stuff.
    I do agree though i would like to see some more defined buttons.

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    used the last two pages to roll a joint though
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD