No Members online

» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Talking New to photoshop, please give me some feedback :)

Hi, I just installed photoshop a couple of weeks ago and I could really use some help. I found out about this site some days ago and siriously I have yet to find a better one for tutorials on the entire freaking internet. You guys are amazing

I would like to ask for some feedback to some of the signatures I have made so far. What looks good, what doesnt, and what I can do to improve them. And please keep in mind that I am pretty much a beginner when it comes to the different tools so comments like "Oh blabla turn up the c43 and foshizzle the xf445 a little bit more on the clipsmudgewhatsits" doesnt help me a lot, I only know a few of the tools so please if you have tips explain it in friendly plain english.

I

I

Kind regards

- Harm
    Last edited by Harm; 09-11-2008 at 01:42 PM.

Moved
    "Oh blabla turn up the c43 and foshizzle the xf445 a little bit more on the clipsmudgewhatsits" doesnt help me a lot, I only know a few of the tools so please if you have tips explain it in friendly plain english.
    lol that made me laugh.
    I'm gonna CnC each of these individually:
    1st - Good job on this. For just starting all of these are really nice. I'll try and spell out all graphics terms i use. For starting, the BG (background, learn the acronym because it's used a ton) for this is pretty good. it looks very fairy like. My worries are is that there is stuff everywhere. It's really chaotic and keeps my eye wandering everywhere. You want the focus to be on the focal, go figure right? (the focal is also called a render, AKA the fairy thing in this case).
    Work on minimalism. You want your effects (lightningy colorful smudging things, basically anything fantastic in the BG) to be around the render kind like in your third sig.
    The blending is okay, but i can still see the edges of the render(remember the render is the focal?) pretty easily and we dont want that. So next time overlap your smudging(smudge tool) and effects over top of the render to make the edges less visable. Finally the lighting, I AM VERY IMPRESSED! The lighting in this sig is spot on, and usually its a bit of a hard detail for people to grasp. Work on it though

I usually like to do the following:
    Create a new layer, fill it black and set it to linear dodge
    The get out a 0% hardness 80% opacity 100 px brush and brush once or twice in white or a brigth color.
    Then move your lightsource around to where it should be. You use a bit of a different method, it works but it seems a bit blown out. Just be careful of that.

Second: this is pretty good. The use of the purple/orange gradient map (i'm assuming you know it since you used it pretty well, it's in the black and white cookie looking button in the layers pallete if you forgot) is nice, however i think you should try to tone it down a bit. The prupose of a gradient map is to try and make the sigs colors look more like the renders colors without losing too much color. Right now it's all orange or all purple so the purpose is defeated as we went a bit overboard on it. No worries though next time just lower the opacity to about 15% to make it more minimal.

Again on this sig work on your blending like a i said before.

3rd sig: this is by far your best. The first thing i notice is that the render is a bit skewed. When you are resizing hold CTRL to make it keep it's shape.
    the BG in this one is great, and the effects is awesome this is your best by far, i would current it. All it needs is a bit of sharpening (new layer, Image>apply image, Filter> sharpen>sharpen).

Finally one thing to work on in all of your sisg is your text. I reccomend reading my text basics tutorial. It will help you learn a lot about text. IMo those color changes mid-word really aren't working for me.

Pretty basic right? A bit of a read though hope you get enough out of it XD.

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    used the last two pages to roll a joint though
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD