Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default Comment on my sigs?

Anyone feel like CnC on my sigs.
    Down there.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkPancake View Post
    MarkPancake banned.
    Success.

The top one is good cept the text is pretty plain. The render is blended good imo. I like it. The second one I dunno about. I have never been a big fan of scan lines and I think in this case it did more damage than good. I would like to see it with out them in it and the text totaly well....they say text is the hardest thing in a sig. But I will be gental about it. There are several tutorials on this site and the web you may want to study up on text effects because that text just kills it with or without those lines in it. If you have not been using photoshop long then bravo not bad for beginner work. If you have then you need not rush your art cause this seems rushed and cluttered all in one. Do not take offense please I have been a member on some of the hardest Digital art sites and they rip your ass apart and make you never want to show your work again and I am not trying to do that. Just remember that.

Don't worry about saying the things you did, I asked for a critique and you weren't that hard in all honesty so thanks. :P
    Ummm, about the scan lines, for me they just made the sig have more depth, without them it just looked to flat in my opinion.
    For the text: I just blow at text and as you said it's hard to do.
    To answer your other question, I have been using Photoshop for 1 month, on and off, and not everday and certainly not all day. So really I'm just starting out and learning the basics. Making those two sigs I did learn quite a bit from making those two. I also wanted to try and make one without using a C4d so that's why I did the bottom one.

Anyways, thanks for telling me what I should improve upon. :P And I'll go read some tuts on font.
    Here I changed a few things, and I took off those scanlines, do you think it looks better or worse?
    Last edited by Ptka; 09-16-2008 at 11:34 PM.
    MarkPancake banned.
    Success.

looks a lot better without the lines. Just need to blendit in a little better but it is a deffinate improvment.

Ok, thanks for the comments you have been a big help! :P
    MarkPancake banned.
    Success.

Your second sig blows your first out of the water. No contest. The text on the first one is safe. It fits and it works though it would be cool to see something a bit more adventurous it's good because text like that works with every sig. I will say however to: stop putting your text in the corner. lol it bothers me and really almost like secludes it.

It's like when you are making a sandwich right? The bread is the border, the meat is the render, and the effects is the cheese. Well you dont put the ketchup, which in this case is the text, on the edge of your plate do you? No get it right in the middle of that sandwich so you can taste it all the way around.
    lol I own at analogies hhaha.

Work on your lighting in sig 2. It looks as if its coming from the bottom but on his head oyu can clearly see the op of his head is brigther than the bottom. So watch out for that.

GJ on two for real it looks nice.

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    used the last two pages to roll a joint though
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Your second sig blows your first out of the water. No contest. The text on the first one is safe. It fits and it works though it would be cool to see something a bit more adventurous it's good because text like that works with every sig. I will say however to: stop putting your text in the corner. lol it bothers me and really almost like secludes it.

It's like when you are making a sandwich right? The bread is the border, the meat is the render, and the effects is the cheese. Well you dont put the ketchup, which in this case is the text, on the edge of your plate do you? No get it right in the middle of that sandwich so you can taste it all the way around.
    lol I own at analogies hhaha.

Work on your lighting in sig 2. It looks as if its coming from the bottom but on his head oyu can clearly see the op of his head is brigther than the bottom. So watch out for that.

GJ on two for real it looks nice.
    best analogy i ever saw

LOL, that is a good analogy, thanks for the comments Papa, and your right, when I do lighting I just put it in random spots for that glowy effect regardless of what the render looks like. And with the text, I just need more practice...
    PS: Papa your Stress sig is amazing I love it.
    Thanks guys!
    MarkPancake banned.
    Success.