» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Hey all.
    I spent ages makin a site layout in PS then spliting, coding addidng text etc to it. I kept previewing it in thr browser as i went and all seemed fine...........untill i opened the bookmarks tab the text and pics etc all moved to the right.

Anybody know how to fix this ?, it was going well until this happened.

The text and pics have been put on layers for easy positioning, im not sure if that was the best way to do it, so maybe that has something to do with it :huh: is there a way i can just fix the layers to the spot?

Any help will be appretiated.

text?? you mean you wrote the text ON the template??? i dotn think that was such a good idea. . .
    If you want help...
    Screw you
    If you make sigs...
    Screw you

oh lmao it just sounds like u havent done anythin with em, try centering or somthin else ^_^
    Creator of the GFXvoid Header......................................Retired GFXvoid Staff.
    Currently: Never Here

when you say bookmark tabs, do you mean your using IE and you opened favourates as a side panel in the browser?

If that is the case I suspect that it made your browsable area smaller than the size you had designed. if this is the case then unpredictable things would happen. If you have it hosted somewhere, provide the url and I will have a look for you.

Here are some screenshots, they should explain my problem a bit a bit better. MetalSkin, i am using firefox and i dont have the site hosted at the moment.

Here is the screenshot from MS Frontpage The boxes with the text/pics in are the layers.

Here is the screenshot in FireFox

And here is what happens when i open the bookmarks tab, all the text etc shifts to the right :huh:

eh.. from wad i see. it seems that your bookmarks tab actually affects only your text layer (or am i thinking of photoshop!?!?) anyway, you shouldn't use frontpage :P it sucks use dreamweaver, believe me, it is a lot better :P

I do have dreamweaver, but havent managed much in it yet. I dont want to start coding the website all over again either (although i might end up having to that). I want to see if there is a way to get past this problem.

I think i understand that, i'll see what i can do.
    Thanks for the help

btw, whats an iframe, is it a frame that expands to fit text so you get a scroll bar to scroll down ? :huh:

YEEESS !
    Thanks very much VB, it worked . Now im gonna have to start coding again
    I might have a mess around with those iframes aswell.

Thanks again

Thanks vb