> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: SOTW 150 entry

Default SOTW 150 entry

Not bad, But I feel the whole Topaz thing with everyone is just getting over used and getting more lame, Not saying you signature is bad, I like it a lot I'm just sick of seeing everyone Topaz whore everything it was cute for awhile. But not bad, could use a tab more depth and better lighting.

i know what you mean, this is one of the only sigs i've used topaz on, i mainly use it for c4d's if they're too hard.

but i know what you mean

I really like that, it's a very cool effect.
    I wouldn't recognize a Topaz because I don't own it, but I know that it is overused.
    I wouldn't call it a bad thing because you don't use it on all your sigs.
    A bit more depth in the background, and some more defined lighting would be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkPancake View Post
    MarkPancake banned.
    Success.

Quote Originally Posted by Fork View Post
    Not bad, But I feel the whole Topaz thing with everyone is just getting over used and getting more lame, Not saying you signature is bad, I like it a lot I'm just sick of seeing everyone Topaz whore everything it was cute for awhile. But not bad, could use a tab more depth and better lighting.
    imho that has nothing to do with it saying everyone is whoring topaz is a bit absurd for that instance, we could say that you too also used it at one point or another and someone who used it before you could come and say "omg whored roflpwned i r pro"

using topaz as any filter is about subtlety, and depending on the effect you want to give on the signature you can use it or not, and wether its rightly applied or not i will make your sig look over filtered as with anything.

now this really pisses me off in a sense because saying i'm just seeing everyone use topaz and its lame bla bla bla is just a random comment that has no bround base at all, if people want to use topaz its ok for them i would encourage them to use topaz, knowing how to use it when and in what quantity makes the difference, but disualifing just because they use it is well yeah . . . .

as for the sig yeah its is overtopazed so it becomes really plain and feels wihtout depth mayeb adding more rougness to the textures and a more attractive bg would help i like the idea, text is good, but overtopazed as said
    newest:

Fav :

The true and only Firescorpio!
    (no autographs please)

i just like the texture and feel it brings to c4d's,

but yeah i could have done more with the bg but well it's already entered..

Quote Originally Posted by Firescorpio View Post
    imho that has nothing to do with it saying everyone is whoring topaz is a bit absurd for that instance, we could say that you too also used it at one point or another and someone who used it before you could come and say "omg whored roflpwned i r pro"

using topaz as any filter is about subtlety, and depending on the effect you want to give on the signature you can use it or not, and wether its rightly applied or not i will make your sig look over filtered as with anything.

now this really pisses me off in a sense because saying i'm just seeing everyone use topaz and its lame bla bla bla is just a random comment that has no bround base at all, if people want to use topaz its ok for them i would encourage them to use topaz, knowing how to use it when and in what quantity makes the difference, but disualifing just because they use it is well yeah . . . .

as for the sig yeah its is overtopazed so it becomes really plain and feels wihtout depth mayeb adding more rougness to the textures and a more attractive bg would help i like the idea, text is good, but overtopazed as said
    I think you can calm down a bit el fire. It was just a general comment. I recall i've said topaz is getting whored to extinction many a time two.
    You make a good point, people can use topaz correctly, minimally. However just because two people say you shouldn't use it doesn't mean that you can't use it at all. I think what fork was saying and what i always want to say is, You should try to stay way from it, BECAUSE it's soo hard to use minimally. It's like outerglow. yeah it's pretty cool, but it's really hard to use correctly so stay away from it because the chance of success is a very low percent.
    It doesn't mean he's decreeing it unfit for gfx and nobody can use it.

Now onto the sig. I think it is VERY overtopazed. Mask some of it or all of it out. Make it harder to notice, the beauty to gfx is subtlety.
    I liek the etxt but the placement is bad. You should put the etxt next to eachother. By spreading it out liek that it makes it harder to focus ont he render, more liek you eyes flicking from one text to the other.

Nice c4d placement, and i like the reflection.

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    used the last two pages to roll a joint though
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD