» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another sig

Default Yet another sig

Okay so after those 2 requests I figured I'd do a few more for myself. Try some tuts etc etc. I did a few the other day and one before I started this six hour plus project. (I have no idea why it took THAT long but I guess I was slacking 40% of the time xD) The fact remains though, that I really like my outcome. This is (in my opinion) by FAR my best sig.

I actually started off with Ractchet's rikku sig tutorial but I kinda spent so much time at the lighting that I forgot I still had to go further with the tut. So in the end I finished it without having one more look at the tut xD

I hope you guys like it too (at least better than the previous 2 xD)
    And I hope I got some 'depth' in it. So far I've seen several definitions of depth but I guess it was mostly the difference is sharpness and lighting.

Oh well without further ado (lol) here's the outcome.

Edit (applied some changes, still gotta take care of blue text but I need sleep too *lol*):

Last time editing (sharpened, smoothed out the blur on the right and changed the text color - still not very happy about the text, though it's better now imo)
    Also I didn't look into what Miril posted yet so that'll have to wait til tomorrow evening.

^ Damn, I accidentaly took out the layer that covered the lighting on the right hand side of hinata's hair.
    So if you look at it think of that to be the same as in V1 and V2

Time to hit the sack xD
    Last edited by Kirixa; 01-05-2009 at 05:48 PM.
    Started making sigs November 16th 2008

Not liking the text, and it could use more depth and better blending the effects are bad, although they could have been executed better. and the sig in general could be a bit bigger height wise.

Shorten the length, and make it taller.
    Don't use such a bit and eye-catching text.
    Blend it a bit more.
    Use some more effects in the background.
    Nice try, read some tuts, you'll get there!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkPancake View Post
    MarkPancake banned.
    Success.

Edited (I feel more relaxed now xD)

@Fork
    1. I hate high sigs. That's just a matter of taste. The size for my sigs is approx. 400x100 and it will stay that way
    2. You're not clear at all. What isthe definition of depth according to you?
    3. I suppose you meant to say "The effects aren't bad, though they could be executed better." since otherwise it would make no sense at all :P

@ptka
    1. Same as I said to fork: I'm not adjusting the size.
    2. Last time I did sigs I got the comment that my text was dull and shit so I was like, okay okay I'll make it more out there. Still not to everyone's liking apparently =/
    3. Afaik blending is throwing some brushes in your sig which also cover the background so it gives a more feeling that the entire image is 'one', correct me if I'm wrong though.
    4. More effects? I might say ditch the bubble c4d and add something else there but other than that I wouldn't add ever more effects. Or should I? oO

Please do remember constructive critisism actually helps the maker of the art. It doesn't just say This is wrong, thats wrong, that doesnt look good blabla, try saying 'I don't think thats all that great, I may have ...' or 'maybe you can try ... instead of ...'

iunno just a few suggestions (:
    Last edited by Kirixa; 01-06-2009 at 06:38 AM.

if u r so straight abt it i will say the below line:
    "THE SIG ISNT LOOKING GOOD"

btw i too will like to know what depth means.
    Fur's Gift BOOOO EVERYONE

Apathy and i talk shit about everything.
    Kritez you have unyil yomottoe
    KidBuu is that latin?
    Kritez yes

[DeviantART] [GrayMoon Studios]

Thanks kidbuu, at least someone says what they think.
    [strike]Also I might've gotten a little carried away when I posted that,
    that doesn't mean I didn't mean what I said though.
    It just came out a little too pissed I guess.[/strike]

fixed
    Last edited by Kirixa; 01-05-2009 at 04:38 PM.

i can critiseze more if u want to hear.
    yup i know it pisses anyone off when u see designers getting good sigs while you dont.
    When i first started using photoshop i was so pissed, i was like WTF how do they do this type of things lol
    Fur's Gift BOOOO EVERYONE

Apathy and i talk shit about everything.
    Kritez you have unyil yomottoe
    KidBuu is that latin?
    Kritez yes

[DeviantART] [GrayMoon Studios]

Well to be honest, I don't feel like my work is a lot under that of most here.
    Sure there are some who use awesome effects, nice text effects, creative use of vectors and what not and sure there are some who have some seckzy lighting going on. But other than that I seriously hardly see much difference.
    I guess I either don't have an eye for this or my taste is just one of a kind, who cares. To me it's just a hobby, not a profession >.>
    Last edited by Kirixa; 01-06-2009 at 06:37 AM.

Yea, I'd say your post was a little over the top.
    Dropping "F" bombs will get you nowhere in life very quickly.

Now, I'm at work and due to firewall restrictions, i can't actually see you sig image, but from what I've read you seem to be having difficulty understanding "depth".

2 simple ways to add some depth to your sig is to:

a. when you have you final layer, create a new 1, then go to image>apply image. Add a blur filter Blur>Blur, then erase over the focal and maybe some of the area around it on a lesser opacity.

b. simply adding a black/white gradient map set on either soft light (for light contrast) or multiply for alot of contrast and then play with the opacity level. Also the violet/orange gradient can provide some nice contrast.

Lol I seriously did both of that ^

But thanks anyways, also I showed it to some other people and a few actually said
    "Wow nice depth dude!"
    And I was like "me confused x.x"

Also I would like to say that I hate cursing and being pissed in posts but after asking other people it kinda ticked me off nobody took the effort to briefly explain the meaning of all this signature jargon to which I'm still not quite accustomed.
    I'll try blurring it some more and maybe try to add more warmth to my render since it looks kinda cold after that cooling filter I used =/