» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Cool

Tutorial:

How to import a video clip into a .Gif banner or Sig. using Image Ready CS!

*Note this tutorial uses Image Ready CS because Image Ready CS compresses the .gif to a smaller file size (almost 3x smaller) then Image Ready 7.0. The process is the same for both programs and will work for Image Ready 7.0 but the file size will turn out much larger.

1. The first step is to get a video clip. (www.GameTrailers.com)

2. Next is to convert the clip to a .mov file. A.K.A. QuickTime movie clip.

To do that its easy and simple open the mpeg or avi in Quick time

File --> Export --> a window will popup go to Export (Change it to "Movie To Quicktime Movie") and Save and thats it :``)

P.S: U Can Only have the Export Option in The Pro Version of Quicktime :`(

3. You are now ready to import the file using Image Ready CS. First click on File: Open: and select your Video clip in .mov format.

3a. A small screen will pop up as shown below:

3b. Select any options that you want� I prefer every 2 frames because of the large file size but 2-3 will work just fine. You want to end up with around 70 layers for about an 8 sec clip.

4. Next is to set the timing of your video clip. Image Ready CS normally puts it at about .04 fps, which is way to fast, so you will want to change it to about .12 fps as shown. Simply select all frames in your animation window by clicking the first frame, holding shift and clicking the last frame and click on the timing .04. Check to see if your animation runs smooth in Internet explorer.

5. First you must link all the video clip layers. To do this, simply click the second box in your layers palate beside the eyeball. Do this for all 70 something layers. Your layers should now look something like this.

6. Now would also be the time to use the transform tool to shrink or expand your video clip. Make sure you hold shift down to keep your aspect ratio the same!

*Note you can always come back and rotate or transform your image after you complete your background.

7. Now its the time to open or import ur Sig in Image Ready ... Drag ur Sig:

*Note: Drag The Sig Once as shown and then use the Tranform Tool to Move it inside the Video Clip Layer becuase if u try to move it with reguler Move Tool it will messes everything..dont know why lol Always Use The TRANSFOR TOOL IN MOVING ONE OF THESE (Sig, Video, Text)!!

8. Move the Sig Layer to the bottom so u can see the video clip over the sig:

9.Now just adjust your clip to where it looks good.

10. Crop the Sig or Image:

11. At this point everything should be done! Now its time to save by clicking on optimized image and seeing the size of you image file. If you like the file size then click file: save optimized as.

12. Done!!

I cant seem to get the movie to export... little more detail on that part please?

AWESOME tutorial man. I had made a few earlier and NOW I remember how. Thanks a bunch.

hell_bound_soul

Sorry Bout That Forgot to mention that u have to have the PRo Version of Quicktime :``)

Thumbs up

probably a dumb question but is it easy/possible to get on p2p networks (kazaa, limewire etc)

Yes Cupcrazy it is .. ! :``)

Very Cool Tutorial mate, thanks much for your submission! I never knew how to do any of that, heh.

Newer question....what do I do when I have over 200 frames? Lol. Not to mention, where did you get the pro version? Plus, how the hell did you get your movie to shrink? I cant get mine to shrink smaller.

You have made me a happy breimann

kick-ass tutorial

Newer question....what do I do when I have over 200 frames? Lol. Not to mention, where did you get the pro version? Plus, how the hell did you get your movie to shrink? I cant get mine to shrink smaller.
    ok hell lol the 1st Question u can leave the 200 frames but i think they r too many .. so there is a pic under step 3 .. which it says limit to every 2nd frame everytime u make the limit higher ir reduces ur frames ...

2nd Question i have the pro version if u want it :`) just pm me

3rd when u use the Free Tranform tool to shrink ur movie it reduces the Size of the file :``)

Hope these answer ur Questions :``)