> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: New to Sigs

Default New to Sigs

Hey i just started couple days ago, and played around with photoshop, ive never made a sig before and hopefully was wondering if you can comment on how i can do better? Thank you,

as i said im really really new to PS Cs3, and i kinda dont know where everything is, etc.

American by birth, southern by the grace of God.

really isnt to bad of a sig. For being new to PS
    One main thing missing from the sig and is one of the most important things is blending the sig in with the BG.
    The effectts are good but stand out way to much because the render is black and white, dont really put a black and white render in with a very colorful BG it will take away from the focal point in the sig witch should be the render.
    Another thing is the text stands out way to much also try making it a little smaller and just lowering the opacity of the text to make it blend in with the BG more so it doesnt take away from the focal point also, if you just do a few things to it you could have a very good sig IMO.
    All in all is just keep working on making sigs and looking at tuts to find a style you like and work with it to make it better, and welcome to the void.

Welcome to the void!
    First thing to know which is usually a comon mistake, is that smaller = better when beggining. It means less space to fill and looks way more pact in and less empty.

next, the cot job on this guy really isnt good. I rweccomend you go to planetrenders.net and get a few renders from there to use, they are already cut and will help you because i wouldnt reccomend lerning to cut them urself when ur still new to photoshop.

the c4d's are okay, im gald you tried it. They help sigs a lot, but try not to blur them like you did. I reccomend trying a few tutorials closely, and seeing some of the techniques they use. It should help you get ur berrings.

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    used the last two pages to roll a joint though
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD

Thanks alot guys, really hard to cut around this guy theres 4 more band members and all of em are stuck together black and white, thanks for the tips, and thanks for the link for renders was looking for a place to go, anyway ya at first i was looking for a blending tool lol, but then i figured it out, duhh stupid me : \ anyway thanks alot guys, i really like photoshop, and these tips are very helpful!!!