> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: Ocelot

Default Ocelot

Well, let me introduce myself... for those of you who haven't looked at the chat recently.

I used to be OK at Photoshop, but for some reason I just kind of stopped mid-way of learning, and I've regressed in skill at least ten-fold I'd say. Anyway, I just joined the forum to get a better grasp of Photoshop again so here goes nothing.

Here's my current sig, I want full criticism please, I'm pretty sure I won't cry or anything, so be straight forward. Tell me what sucks, what doesn't suck (if anything), and what I can learn from this one.

EDIT: I found a much older sig, not sure if you guys wanted to compare, but I do, so:

Thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by atroxcaelum; 03-19-2009 at 04:12 AM.

It's okay bro, I feel for ya.

As I was saying earlier, I do like the typography here. It seems to be lightyears ahead of the signature itself. The stock looks like hulk hogan, which is peculiar against a red background. But it's what you make of it :P

I like the brushing in the back. Overlay mode?

I don't know what it is about the "widescreen" borders on some sigs. I've never caught on to that trend, I've always either used a full border or none at all, but I don't really feel the use of it.
    Last edited by Chris; 03-19-2009 at 12:25 AM.

Yes, you do have lots to learn, but that is a good start, better than mine. I will start with what I liked.

I am glad to see you knew to have some sort of a container. I really like the letter box style. Also, the font used is good.

Now....

Render size to the sig spice leaves a lot to be desired. You have too much empty space.

The background is a little chaotic. edit it down a bit. Less is more.

Try to blend the stock into the background, make it look like its 1 piece, not just like it was put on top.

The text, though I like the font, I do not like that your splatter brush is making it hard to read.

Remember to KISS.
    Keep It Simple Stupid

I am sure a lot of other people can give some more advice, but this is the basics I think.

Commissions and stickers available via linktree here.

I actually think some of those effects are pretty insane i like the text especially, but the render doesn't go with the rest of the sig and the whole thing is too wide and the render placement is off. Try some gradient maps to create a color scheme.
    Also, the render needs to be blended in, try erasing the edges with a 65px soft brush on either like 15% flow or opacity, and add some effects over the render to blend him in
    The text in this sig needs to be put closer to the render and the render needs to be a bit closer to the middle or the whole sig just needs have its width cropped.
    Sig looks a bit over-contrasted, which would be fine if your render was as well, but he's not..
    Overall I think the effects are good, not bad at all, and the text is better than a hell of a lot i've seen, its the render that kills it - it really looks slapped on there.

And welcome to the Void

PET DAMN IT MY C&C!!

Et Tu?
    SilentShadow | Jorrne | Arcmenis | Garis | Splinter | Sanbu | DeadlesS | Tekken | Proflax | Suddu
    -