Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default Luxus Portfolio Webdesign

My Gallery
    Click Click http://d4rk3n.deviantart.com/ Click Click

Very nice work simple but effective.

It looks good, but it screams template. The colors are nice, and the layout itself is simple and effective. But if you could bear with me on this for a second...it has no personality. Nothing gives it that extra flair. This (I'm not saying it is) seems like something you would buy as a generic all-around template. It doesn't really set you apart as a designer, and the layout itself could be used for anything. I could change about 2 things in the header, and it would be a music site, or a blog, or a restaurant website. It just seems very generic to me, albeit well done, very generic. As a designer, you should be trying to promote yourself through your portfolio, and since I can't say anything about the work contained within, I have to expect your portfolio to compensate. Also, I am willing to bet the work previews are all signature designs. A semi-good idea, but you don't want to market yourself as a web designer and have not have anything to show for your work, except for signatures.

The other thing I noticed was the haphazardly placed links to other pages. "More info", "Go to best works", "All about me", seem to be slapped on, with no coherent intent to align. In some places it feels like it doesn't even belong. If you're trying to keep everything nice and neat, be consistent with all the elements, and keep them kept and conformed. The format of the text everywhere also seems a bit tacky. The about me section ought to have a bit more interesting font format. Some bold text, some italicized text, just overall emphasis. White everywhere is kind of shallow, and gives an uninteresting feeling.

One more thing, sorry, I am not a big fan of the white borders on ALL the images.
    Last edited by Chris; 04-07-2009 at 07:04 PM.