» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Oh I do like to be beside the...

Sea side Tried something here, dunno if it worked. Looks a bit pixely and looks alot better when it's smaller but oh well... Comments? Criticisms? What should I do to make it more lifelike :O

Last edited by MarkPancake; 04-12-2009 at 09:00 AM.

Straight away I knew that was water, so you are getting your the idea of the image across.

The transition from sea to sky is a bit sudden. It shouldn't really be so sharp. A slight blur would be better.
    Horizons are also generally straight due to the fact that you can't see many waves and they are several Ks away.
    Finally, try to stretch the water effects more sideways to improve the depth. At the moment it looks like you are viewing the water more from on top.

I know it may be a bit of criticism, but it should look alot better once you've done those extra effects. Keep it up, this should look like a good piece once it's totally finished.

Thanks I'll try some stuff now

yea the water looks kinda spherical in the middle giving the sense u are above it do what nutter said and it will be awsome

Editted version is up, any better?

sory i dun understand it
    but guess good job

It's a picture of the sea... I made it all from scratch except the seagulls. The rest was filters and adjustments... Nothing to get really it's just a picture of some water..

The plastic wrap approach doesn't really work. It looks too much like... Photoshop's plastic wrap filter, and not much else. I'd take a different approach or make the plastic wrap a lot less obvious.

What else D:

Well if you want more realism, you should vary the hues more as well. The entire piece hovers around 198° - 201°, which isn't realistic. I figure the sky would be different from the sea, at the very least.

If you want to see what I mean, take a photo that looks similar to this into photoshop, open the color picker and see how much the value of the hue (shown as "H:") changes as you move across the image.