» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Imagine what kind of graphics technology our children will be using. Imagine our grand children, and so on. Itll be freaking amazing. Imagine a tool where you can rotate the perspective of a picture and it makes up information based on surrounding pixels..... SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

I think that in adobes mind only huge ass coperations buy there software but they need to consider the fact that theres 13-17 year old kids out there that want to get there hands on their software. I

f you read about the new security features in cs2, it prevents you from installing on more then one system. A large office building might spend $10,000 + on photoshop alone, they might also need illustrator and so on.

So let me think here, theres atleast 30,000 businsses that rely on adobes technology, adobe will make an estimated .... $300,000,000 on cs2 call me crazy but who the fuck will even notice the stolen copies.

Also, when you start up adobe or imageready there are only like 40 names, im guessing that maybe 1,000 people worked on the new photoshop, $300,000 for each of them and lets say 2,000 peope worked on it then thats freaking $150,000 for them.
    In my opinion everyone comes out in the end, happy.

Oh btw, adobe could make up to as much as $900,000,000 on cs2

"So let me think here, theres atleast 30,000 businsses that rely on adobes technology, adobe will make an estimated .... $300,000,000 on cs2 call me crazy but who the fuck will even notice the stolen copies."

That is actually a very good point u got there

but then again u have to think, schools buy adobe's products such as high schools and alot of graphic art colleges or training centers and what not so u might wanna add alot more to that number because alot of people rely on this program as do alot of us. who in the future will proboly become web designers or web graphics designers either way at one point all of us on here will proboly have a job doing this and we will relize that what we are doing now is just fun and never thought that we would be doing it as a job and get payed to have fun on a computer so think about that when you steal this program =) and thank god the internet was made

"I'll take your hope, I'll take you fucking deams! I'll take your love, I'll take everything, you fucking.....BITCH!"

Originally posted by Killer@May 7 2005, 05:41 PM
    Imagine what kind of graphics technology our children will be using. Imagine our grand children, and so on. Itll be freaking amazing. Imagine a tool where you can rotate the perspective of a picture and it makes up information based on surrounding pixels..... SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
    I think that in adobes mind only huge ass coperations buy there software but they need to consider the fact that theres 13-17 year old kids out there that want to get there hands on their software. I

f you read about the new security features in cs2, it prevents you from installing on more then one system. A large office building might spend $10,000 + on photoshop alone, they might also need illustrator and so on.

So let me think here, theres atleast 30,000 businsses that rely on adobes technology, adobe will make an estimated .... $300,000,000 on cs2 call me crazy but who the fuck will even notice the stolen copies.

Also, when you start up adobe or imageready there are only like 40 names, im guessing that maybe 1,000 people worked on the new photoshop, $300,000 for each of them and lets say 2,000 peope worked on it then thats freaking $150,000 for them.
    In my opinion everyone comes out in the end, happy.
    Oh btw, adobe could make up to as much as $900,000,000 on cs2

[snapback]47702[/snapback]
    Now subtract from that 300million dollar figure, about 200million for offices, office computers, software THEY have to buy to program it, Electricty for the offices, water for the offices, company cars, advertising, etc. Another 150 million for salaries for programmers for photoshop, illustrator, adobe reader/acrobat, pagemaker, after effects, people to answer phones, tech support, office management, janitors, etc. And that last 50 million goes into product development costs for the next big thing. You act like Adobe is just raking in money for 40 programmers, It's a company, a big big company and it takes big big money to run it. Sure there's a few fat cats making outrageous salaries, but that's not the company itself. Besides you're 300 million dollar figure assumes that all those companies that buy from adobe BUY from adobe. The biggest piracy problem doesn't come from end-users like you and me, it's from companies that buy a single copy of photoshop or etc. and put that same copy on hundreds of computers. Hell I worked for a company that didn't own any of their software, and I used a lot of different graphic software.

So if you think $600 is too much to ask for software then don't use it. remove it from your computer for a year and then tell me how much it's worth. I'd pay double that price for photoshop. Hell I hope they make the next version use a hardware key so people can't steal it at all.

There's free alternatives out there, use them. www.gimp.org
    Resident father figure.

yes unfortunatly people dont seem to have any grasp on the cost of developing software. they think it just 'happens'.

I know this area very well, I even used to do costing for Service Level Agreements when outsourcing IT departments.

Basicaly a software suite like Photoshop would require approx. 20+ developers. that will require maybe 2 full time project managers and one fulltime development manager. Then you need a team of approx. 5 fulltime testers, 1 team leader. you need a couple of technical writers, someone who can write installation software. That along requires 30+ people.

Now the new photoshop would have taken i reckon at least 2 years to develop, maybe three. so even at 2, with an average sallary of approx. 80K AUD, that works out at 2 * 30 * 80K. In addition you need admin personnel, payroll, accounting, sales, support. so you could add another

I worked for a small software company, that produced nothing like as complex as photoshop. Our yearly IT bill was approx. 6 million. For PS i would expect a yearly bill well over 10 million. I expect that they need to invest approx. 30+ million, most prob. closer to 50 million. Looking at their financial statements it appears that they spend 19% of their revenue on R&D, so thats approx. 99 million for one year, and over double that for sales and distribution.