» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I was looking at buying a copy of CS2 today, if at the very least just so updating in the future wouldn't kill my wallet as much. I've got a legal copy of 7, but missed out on 8 because at the time I didn't really have the cash or the need to update. Now I did a trail version of CS and I'm loving it, plus after seeing the vanashing point filter in CS2 I MUST have it.

So, I'm looking through adobe's site...bleh the usual $600 for photoshop. Just for kicks I took a look at the upgrade prices; a mere $149 (that's one hell of a discount). And I just happen to see that you can update from 7! It says you can update from any version of Photoshop... but I don't really trust that. It listed CS and 7 by name, so I'm sure it's supported.

Anyway, the point of this thread is this... If you want CS2 but want to save a couple hundred bucks... buy PS7 and upgrade! I found a couple copies floating on eBay for around $200 (trustworthy?), but I'm sure you can find a couple in retail stores for around the same price. Let's review legal full PS7 ($200) + PS/CS2 updgrade ($150) = CS2 ($350) that's a $250 price drop.

Sure, sure, you're all probably thinking "why pay for it, when I can steal it.". Because someone made that, sure it's expensive but look at what it does. Can you imagine designing without it? I can't imagine _printing_ without it. If you're just going to steal a copy and think nothing of it, then please leave your name and address so I can come to your house and beat you with my PS7 box.
    Resident father figure.

Hmmmm.... Smart observations jedi master, I must learn more!

LOL ^^^. Thanks alot for the tip man! If i ever need to get a legal copy of cs2 ill definatley use this.

you could always buy like version 5 of ps for bout £50 then upgrade... saving another £150 from buying 7

You could buy one for $1 then upgrade :lol:

Originally posted by deep blue@Apr 30 2005, 01:57 PM
    you could always buy like version 5 of ps for bout £50 then upgrade... saving another £150 from buying 7

[snapback]44570[/snapback]

yeah, i'm not too sure if it will actually upgrade from 5. here's what adobe says on their site:

" To install this upgrade successfully, you will need a licensed version of Adobe Photoshop CS or Adobe Photoshop 7.0 or earlier, on the same platform as this purchase.
    NOTE:This upgrade does not apply to Adobe Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Album, Photoshop Limited Edition, or PhotoDeluxe licensed users."

I think you should probably call adobe before you go out and buy an incompatible version. But yes, that would be a cheaper way if you can find a copy of it still.
    Resident father figure.

Originally posted by Killer@May 1 2005, 08:28 AM
    You could buy one for $1 then upgrade* * * :lol:
    [snapback]44682[/snapback]
    What if one is so old that it's rare and people on eBay are selling it for 2000 dollars?

You can still get adobe photoshop 5.0 at reatail stores. (i think)

idk if cs 2 is much better i just got it 2 day and i dont see much diffence but the again i suck with photo shop all2geter lol

Originally posted by dakine@May 2 2005, 05:32 AM
    idk if cs 2 is much better i just got it 2 day and i dont see much diffence but the again i suck with photo shop all2geter lol
    [snapback]44965[/snapback]
    If you ever become a photographer and do jobs for people, then the vanishing point in CS2 might help you.