> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: New

Default New

ok, ive been reading some stuff and tried doing a couple tuts and stuff like that, this was what i came up with , so just let me know what you think so i can go back to the drawing board, lol

Not too bad! Needs some work though.
    I liek the idea of the BG but i think its a bit oldschool. And a bit flat.
    I'd say maybe try to add some stuff over it like some c4d's, and some clipping masks. maybe even some smudging?

The render in this is a bit big. You want a bit mroe room to play around in than that dont you? I'd say shrink it down more so its like 1\4 or 1\5 of the size of the sig. I even go smaller than that somteimes.

The effects i like. i see you started up with the effect c4d's a bit. but try to add a few mroe. They seem to be a bit small and hard to see unless close attention. make them pop, bright.

Also the render needs a bit of blending, i like how you made him darker to fit the BG however the blending seems almost not existant. Try to overlap some more of the BG ontop of him. With this type of BG it was probabaly a bit hard to do. But maybe later on when you fix it up keep that in mind.

The needs a some work. Im glad you picked default fonts! good pick. However try to stay away from blending otions. I reccomend you read my text tutorial, at the top of the text tutorials area. It might help you get your grasp in text a bit more.

Good job though work on it a bit more!!

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    used the last two pages to roll a joint though
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD

The render looks a little too dark and because the background is a little dark - it's drowning out the render and making it appear less visible.

You have the right idea by using brushes to add more depth as the use of the sparkles are a small but nice touch - don't be afraid to try more though as they are barely really noticable when you have such a big canvas there to work with

The background colour does match the render, although slightly too dark, so at least you have the right idea for colour which some people take a while to grasp.

Text is a big thing I would say - never use text effects, namely that glow effect because it looks really unoriginal and kinda ruins a sig.
    Look at different ways to display your text.
    Don't just think your text has to be red because the background is and it fit.
    I honestly think a nice white text would work well here.

Try white text and make it look similar to this

DEVD
    I R O N M A N

experiment with size of text, colour of text... spacing of text... layout and format of text

aight good looks, i appriciate the constructive crit,

in BG i really dunt like but u can improve it by using parts of ur render then smudge to extend all over your canvas. render needs a little bit of blending, and text stay away from blending opt.(emboss) as possible maybe some gradient on text or just set it to soft light and dupe. i like the render tho shinny well keep it up bro

blending of the stock is pretty good but sorry to say text is awful, experiment with some new stuff!

be sure to read up on some text tutorials

aight ill be sure to check those out, thanks