» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default SotW entry, C&C?

Edit : Okay, I removed a couple versions that I personally didn't end up liking at all, here's 2 versions, C&C!
    Version one is more the original, and in V2 I tried to smooth up some oversharpenning and pixellation, and I used a 1pixel smudge to re-create hair and try and fix the floating head problem. xD
    Last edited by Dolce; 05-15-2009 at 03:58 PM.

feels way to over sharpened and pixelated. and its suffering from floating head

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
    (To such heights of evil are men driven by religion) -Lucretius, De Rerum Natura

I prefer V2. Once again, good job on your text. I'd say, make the "ISMYGOD" smoother. Might be hard to do since it's small text. Maybe, 1 px pencil on super low opacity? Other than that, good job. I like the painting feel to it.

I think you should make the width shorter tho. Keep the face near the edge of the sig, but still, make it shorter.

Adobe Photoshop
    - [CS4]

Editing since April '09

Thanks for the C&C. The floating head problem is VERY hard to rid because the stock itself has no neck, her black hair is covering it, that's why I put her hand beneath her chin, it used to be out infront but I felt it made her head feel more... there. :P

Also, I fixxed alot of pixellation and sharpenning problems, V2 is up.
    Last edited by Dolce; 05-15-2009 at 03:52 PM.

Yeah it looks a lot smoother now. I still prefer the head to be near the edge of the sig tho. Oh well, a matter of preference. Good job btw.

Adobe Photoshop
    - [CS4]

Editing since April '09

I didn't notice you suggested the smaller canvas. I threw in a shorter one, just for you. xD I've always been partial to large dark space, I think it provides great depth, but I think I'm weird when it comes to that, so the shorter one might be the better choice.

Oooooohhhh! I love the shorter one. Yes, thanks for that. Indeed I do think the shorter one is better. I do agree that sometimes, some extra negative space might work. Not this one though. I really like the shorter one.

Adobe Photoshop
    - [CS4]

Editing since April '09

Hmm! Okay, I'll probably make this one the SotW entree then. I'll wait for a couple more replies and see what others think, thanks for the C&C though!

Version 3 is pretty awesome, I'm glad you cropped it, a bit too long but you corrected that.
    I think it's a bit oversharpened in some areas but other than that, you fix it up pretty nicely.
    On a side note, I like the way you actually show development and you post all the versions and actually use the CnC that we give you. Keep that up, it's great to see improvement!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkPancake View Post
    MarkPancake banned.
    Success.