» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need C&C! Fineart.

V3 and V4

5 and 6. Only a small change, but I like to keep a record.

C&C please! I feel like the text on the color one NEEDS to change, but I might try something a little more elaborate with the text anyways.

C&C the whole thing though.
    Last edited by Dolce; 05-18-2009 at 10:45 PM.

the "fine" text needs work i think and the left and side is a little empty, maybe place the render a little more to the left, apart from thats its nice
    My Newest

Making A Tutorial: Off
    Mail me if you wanna collaberate.

I love the lighting on the coloured version. It doesn't stand out as much on the second one though. I somehow feel that you've got the fonts on "fine" and "art" reversed. Haha

About that additional negative space on the left side, I'm not really a fan of negative space myself, and it's also a "rule" in sig making to not have too much empty space. I think the emptiness works in this though. So I guess it depends on how you make use of it.

One thing is, I think that debris effect is a little overused. Especially around the guy. Even though I can see the flow in it, I think it's a little too much. I would remove that dissolve effect thingy near the lower rear area of his back though. I don't really think it fits. Imo anyway. I know you're trying to link it to what the guy is doing on the floor but I just think that it'll look better without that effect as it is kinda distracting.
    Good job on this. I'd like to see a version with the fonts switched around though.
    Last edited by Hind; 05-18-2009 at 11:13 AM.

Adobe Photoshop
    - [CS4]

Editing since April '09

Woow. way over topazed!!!!111!!11
    thats it.
    I dont like it this way.

I'm going to post another version shortly, once my photoshop decides to start working.

I'm not changing the left because I personally like... but just a point about topaz.

Yes, I use topaz as a finishing touch, but just so you know, this sig looks very topaz'd to begin with, even though I never used it until the end.

I personally think "TOO MUCH TOPAZ" has become the easy way to C&C a sig just because certain people look down on it now because it's used so often. I would rather keep the topaz, and be told what -about- the sig is wrong so I can fix it. Is it the fact that it's too clean? Too sharp? Is something too blurry? Topaz is just a filter that does those things for you, and yelling "TOO MUCH TOPAZ" is just pointing out that I used Topaz, and that you're a part of the main stream sig designers who have decided to that pointing out topaz, instead of over-sharpness, over-blurring, or over-brushing is the way to go.

I only say this because I really appreciate C&C, and like I said, this tag looks very Topazy to begin with. So telling me it's overtopazed doesn't help when I can't UN topaz something that ISN'T topazed. xD

Topaz is ok, if you want clean sig.
    Topaz is ok if you dont need crispness or sharpness/.
    But too much topaz? like you used, dont think so.
    he removes too much details.

Your current ones. awesome job on them. maybe simple. but looks awesome.
    you got your style. keep it up

Looking good.

For the text, the fonts don't really work together for me. I think you should use that fancy font you used on "Fine" on "ART" instead, and then change "fine" to a simple font like Arial or Tahoma. Then change the color on "Fine" to one that's closer to the background so it doesn't stand out as much. Maybe make it all lower case also. If you do that, you'll have the word "art" more emphasized and "fine" will compliment it rather than clash with it, as long as you can find somewhere nice to place it. I'm just throwing ideas out there. Looking forward to the next version.

New ones up.

Awesome stuff, your latest version is of course the best one.
    Text is really awesome, and I don't mind the topaz, it looks clean to me, and it's not as obvious as some that I've seen.
    Lighting is awesome too, your full of good ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkPancake View Post
    MarkPancake banned.
    Success.

I totally agree with the newest one being the best, I feel much more comfortable with it.
    If you guys can, would you mind picking between B&W or color? It's for a SotW somewhere else. So I need a single tag to enter.

And thanks Ptka! I appreciate all the help you give. ;p You deserve a gift. xD *thinks*