» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please everyone tell me what you think of this. I dont consider this to be done yet, but i cant figure out what else it needs so please give me as much advie as possible. I love constructive criticism so pile it on

its a bit hmmm.... maybe if the hmmm.....

the backgrounds nice :P

oh and bevellin a whole image is a no go (also text... and i am aware of the irony of the bevelled text in my sig)
    / / X E K A Y E M \ \
    http://zekayem.deviantart.com/

Thanks i will definetly keep the bevilling thing in mind. I just dont know how to put a border around it so thats why i beveled it. Maybe you could teach me how to put a border

Ok Zek i changed it slightly, i still think it needs more but what do you think now?

I really liked the first one, I just thought it needed a border. I think the border is too strong on that one, but I like it too. Maybe make the drop shadow fuller or lose it all together.

Bevel Borders=No

Wow, they already estalbished that twan.

Originally posted by Platnum@Feb 2 2005, 03:19 PM
    Wow, they already estalbished that twan.
    [snapback]3479[/snapback]
    I realized... :huh:

This is all good stuff guys but i really want more suggestions on any part of it. Like i said i dont mind the criticism. Where can i get those fancy borders i see alot of you guys using?

Thank you Hell Bound for the comments as well. I like the first one too but i agree i think a border would look good i just dont know where or how to get them/make them. Im going to mess around with the drop shadow in the second too. Thanks alot.

we are just reinforcing the NO BEVELED BORDERS RULE plat.

umm. . . . where to start, how about text, and we are going to be using your second image for this, the text does not fit, it may fit your name, but it does not go with the pic, you have a nice soft pic with a hard rigid text, try and soften it up a bit. the background is pretty good, for what it is, you may try and add a couple brushes on top of it to add some more pizzazz to it. but keep the colors similar (a good trick is to brush, the desaturate {ctrl+shift+U}, the hit ctrl+B and mess around with the color options, or add a color balance layer). not for your pic, it looks alright, but you may lower the opacity by 10 or 20 percent, or adjust the layer blending mode to your liking. also, make you border about a pixel or two smaller, too think, you may also want to make your second image a bit smaller. Also, on your text, lose the drop shadow please, or make it less visible, not so far away from your text or as large.

those are my thoughts, and this is all to try and make you better. good luck, i hope you heed my advice.

Mas