> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs down

It was an awesome translation minus a few parts but it looked great on the big screen!

yeah it owns, marvin is waaaay cool

saw it on friday, first day it was out in england

meh, I wasn't impressed by it. The book was so much more epic. If you haven't read the books, please do. My brother and I were the only ones in the theatre equipped with out towels...
    Resident father figure.

lol 43

i was reading first ages ago but never got past halfway cause i couldnt be bothered..

of course now im reading:

hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
    resteraunt at the end of the universe (this will be made to movie cause they mentioned in first)
    Life the universe and everything
    So long and thanks for all the fish

I don't know if they're going to do a second book for restaraunt at the end of the universe.

::MINOR SPOILER ALERT for both the book and the movie::

At the end of the movie, Marvin says "The restaraunt is at the OTHER end of the universe." When in fact "the restaraunt at the end of the universe" does not refer to a physical location, but a chronological location. It's a restaraunt where you continuasly watch the universe destroy istelf via a time bubble... There's other little things that they did in the first that I can't really see them making a sequel that's accurate to the rest of the books... They changed a lot around in my oppinion.
    Resident father figure.

what did they do in the first to make them not do a second?

It sucks because I want to see this movie and like 5 others out in our theatre right now..meh..is it work $6.50?

Yeah it's worth the money Haven, but if it was between reading the book or seeing the movie, I'd read the book.

Deep Blue,
    They changed a good bit. It's not impossible I guess, but it won't be easy. Read the books so you can see what I'm talking about, it's hard to just explain.
    Resident father figure.

I aint seen it yet, not even sure if its out in Australia yet, but for all those who are disapointed, you should remember that Douglas Adams saw HitchHickers as a fluid work. Every media its different, from radio to book to tv series.

Douglas Adams was finishing of the second revision of the screen play, which is what they used (as far as I am aware), when he died of a heart attack. So the movie basicaly has the blessing of Douglas Adams, I know his estate has given it their blessing. As for new movies, well he isn't around to write them, but maybe a relative may step in (as is often the case now a days, just look at Frank Hurbet).

I'm pissed at george lucas for screwing up Star Wars... Just because it's the same writter doesn't mean it's the same quality. I like the book, not the man behind it.
    Resident father figure.