» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default Farcry 2 Clan Signature

Messing around with C4Ds, still new at it. What do you guys think?

I like the font, because it is in fact the Farcry font. And the little target is the symbol for Hardcore mode. And of course I used an M4A1 because it most closely resembles the fictional in-game weapon, the AR-16, which is one of my personal favorites.

What do you guys think?
    .::NewesT::.

It's not bad but I'm not really sure where to look. I'm not great with C4D's, I always make them too chaotic. But the M4A1 doesn't really stand out much and the text is probably a good choice but it doesn't work in the corner. Clipping mask it.

Wouldn't doing a clipping mask make it hard to see???

I don't quite get what you mean...I mean, I know what a clipping mask is and how to do one, but I'm looking at this trying to determine how exactly that would work in this particular signature.

It looks like a load of c4d's on a background to me.

Now don't take this the wrong way as it's here to help you improve, first of all i can't see anything to do with farcry 2.

When using c4d's place the around your render/stock and use them to enhance what you got, erase/mask bits that look too much and don't go overboard with effects, sometimes less is more.

Try to keep your text away from corners and place it near the focal/render.

Have a look at some of the tutorials here for help. Papa's signature tutorials and immortals are very good and very detailed.

I'm not going to lie and say this is brilliant as it doesn't help you at all. You just need pointing in the right direction.

If you had actually played Farcry2, you'd spot it all right away. The font in the text is the font used in the game. The corner of the burnt paper is that in the book used in the various menus and lobbies in the game. The little red target is actually the symbol for Hardcore mode that has been recently released for the game. Since it's for my FC2 clan, it makes perfect sense to them, which is exactly how it was supposed to be. I'm not ragging on you for not understanding that, it's okay. I didn't expect people outside of the gamers I play with to really get it.

As for the C4Ds, I will definitely take your advice to heart, and continue to work from here. I hope at least my signatures show a little improvement the more I make them. Rachet, I do appreciate the fact that you were honest; you're right, lying doesn't condone improvement.

Thanks guys!

EDIT:

I am going to go and make some modifications right now, because I like where I'm going with this, and I want to make it awesome.

Again thanks alot!
    Last edited by ZonariAn; 06-27-2009 at 08:29 PM.

well i think its absolutely not necessary to add c4d's to clan sigs,
    Fur's Gift BOOOO EVERYONE

Apathy and i talk shit about everything.
    Kritez you have unyil yomottoe
    KidBuu is that latin?
    Kritez yes

[DeviantART] [GrayMoon Studios]

If I were you, I would have used a more symbolic figure/icon from Far Cry rather than a mere font, or menu screens.

But that's just me, you don't have to do this.
    Latest:

Quote Originally Posted by Jool View Post
    If I were you, I would have used a more symbolic figure/icon from Far Cry rather than a mere font, or menu screens.

But that's just me, you don't have to do this.
    I don't think you get what I'm doing, at all. The HARDCORE MODE icon is plenty symbolic considering all of our clans servers run on this mode. Its not a mere font, or menu screens. If i remove the C4Ds, which I probably will, you will see that behind the old book (which is from the menu) is a screenshot of a sunrise from the game. one that I took personally.

Also, like I said, this is for my clan, so they actually understand the content I chose for this. As for the gun outline.......that is even MORE symbolic, because if you knew me in the game, you'd see my name would say RuC -gun silhouette- SoulFallen

I'm going to redo almost all of it......if not make a new one, right now.

Some modifications.......still don't know what to do with it.