» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default Mike Shin - Profound

My latest sig, it was coming out good during the end but I thought it too bare and ended up messing it up IMO.

Please CnC mates. Would love to hear the opinions of the ol' pros.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave
    takken, you sweet boy you, i could eat you 6^

Its neat but creepy at the same time having a ghostly figure of himself peeking over his shoulder. I like all of the light effects you used.
    .::NewesT::.

Anyone else?

I'll dissect this in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    I'll dissect this in a second.
    Mind I want CnC Sol lol.

1. This transparent copy of the stock is a little awkward. I'm not sure what you were trying to accomplish, but like the last poster said, it's sort of odd and misplaced. Almost seems like an accident rather than anything else.

2. That white line comes straight into the focal point, which is blurred for a reason. By intruding on your focal point, you confuse the viewer. So given that, this piece is kind of hard to give any real concentration. A clipping mask may have helped, but the presence of the bright white line is really distracting, therefore making your intended focal point as good as blurred, as seen in the example.

3. Your secondary focal point is actually blurry. Why is this? A glow, or something is making it soft and unimportant looking. But to be honest, the blur doesn't give anything to the piece. I would have been interested in seeing that portion sharp and clear. Something is in his hand, but since it's blurry, I won't spend the time to figure out what it is.

4. Black is a bad font color choice. It's impossible to read, and is an absolute negative contrast to the rest of the palette. The font choice is also slightly illegible, so you may want to tinker with the aliasing settings to get it more crisp.

The rest of the piece was blurred for a reason. After looking at the points I highlighted, the rest of the piece seems unimportant, and I don't give it much attention. So all that detail and focused energy on nifty brushes and shapes and trendy lines is a little wasted. What I suggest for future work is to focus on your subject matter, and try not to throw any salt and pepper on it. You may like the way it looks, but sometimes too much is a very bad thing.

You said it felt bare. But you're really second guessing yourself. You may just be afraid to let your artistic instincts take over. Try it sometime.
    Last edited by Chris; 07-03-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post

1. This transparent copy of the stock is a little awkward. I'm not sure what you were trying to accomplish, but like the last poster said, it's sort of odd and misplaced. Almost seems like an accident rather than anything else.

2. That white line comes straight into the focal point, which is blurred for a reason. By intruding on your focal point, you confuse the viewer. So given that, this piece is kind of hard to give any real concentration. A clipping mask may have helped, but the presence of the bright white line is really distracting, therefore making your intended focal point as good as blurred, as seen in the example.

3. Your secondary focal point is actually blurry. Why is this? A glow, or something is making it soft and unimportant looking. But to be honest, the blur doesn't give anything to the piece. I would have been interested in seeing that portion sharp and clear. Something is in his hand, but since it's blurry, I won't spend the time to figure out what it is.

4. Black is a bad font color choice. It's impossible to read, and is an absolute negative contrast to the rest of the palette. The font choice is also slightly illegible, so you may want to tinker with the aliasing settings to get it more crisp.

The rest of the piece was blurred for a reason. After looking at the points I highlighted, the rest of the piece seems unimportant, and I don't give it much attention. So all that detail and focused energy on nifty brushes and shapes and trendy lines is a little wasted. What I suggest for future work is to focus on your subject matter, and try not to throw any salt and pepper on it. You may like the way it looks, but sometimes too much is a very bad thing.
    Wow. Thanks. I love your way of dissecting things. Dissect me more often Sol.

with that said i did like to add one more thing to what sol said
    those lines or rays of light are too distracting
    Fur's Gift BOOOO EVERYONE

Apathy and i talk shit about everything.
    Kritez you have unyil yomottoe
    KidBuu is that latin?
    Kritez yes

[DeviantART] [GrayMoon Studios]

This one is a pretty sad story cuz youre trying to make my biggest idol to a pinky dinky little boy.

Mike Shinoda is a underground hip hop and gfx artist genius!