> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: RealVector #3

Default RealVector #3

I'm making a set of vectors now. Just for practise so I'll be updating this sub-forum every now and then.

Your thoughts on it. Used the shape layers tool, then some pen tooling, then burning and a lil' dodging. How did I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Slave
    takken, you sweet boy you, i could eat you 6^

please dont take this the wrong way. This is just a critique and it's nothing personal.
    I'll stress this again. A vector is an image that is created by geometric shapes and lines and creates an image that can be scaled up or down without losing any quality.

Dodging and burning the vector pretty much voided it's vectorness. Next time just pen tool out another shape and change the shade, or do a gradient.

As far as pen tooling goes. I think you should try to really solidify your knowledge of the pen tool. The shapes on these people look rly unsteady. Next time take your time. Draw out a stock picture to get your portportions and stuff right, take your time make sure the vector follows them. One of the bigegst parts of vectoring is getting the shapes to look realistic.
    Another thing is work on making your lines curvy. The pen tool is amazing for curvy lines. SO utilize it.

Overall this kinda needs some reshaping.

My DevART
    RATCHET is my bitch
    Andrew says:
    u ever stolen a bible?
    Apathy says:
    no
    used the last two pages to roll a joint though
    Andrew says:
    wow
    thats fucking hard core
    ^^HAHAHA, dm sucks XD