> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Thread: A Few Things...

Default A Few Things...

Just some stuff I decided to make for fun, didn't take too much time, just testing my creativity a little :P.

Any critics are welcome..

This one is inspired by Mike Tyson..

And this one by WuTang...

they arent really tags or sigs more like banners but i love the skull design you have in the 1st one but the text and colors arent all that good and there isnt any flow its just alot of text thrown on a banner keep working on it man you can do wonders with that skill design there

the 2nd one is all text with a wu-tang logo in it not too bad but needs work oh and your logo should go over the boarder so yeah lose the boarder or put the logo under it just keep working man you will get better look at some tuts and then make your own unique stuff from it

Quote Originally Posted by UnDeRoAtH View Post
    they arent really tags or sigs more like banners but i love the skull design you have in the 1st one but the text and colors arent all that good and there isnt any flow its just alot of text thrown on a banner
    I disagree. To me it looks like a very basic version of Typography. Agreed that it needs more work. Alot more. But to me it could really work with more practise. The canvas needs to be smaller width and to if you wanted to turn it into more of an artwork than a sig then increase the height and leave the width completely because to be honest you can't create a decent sig by only using Typography. You can incorperate it, and i envy anyone who can do it, but you cant make a complete sig only using text. And i challenge anyone to prove me wrong.

I actually was challenged that and I made a fairly good one. It was early on in my gfx career so it's kinda crap, but it's alright. It's not COMPLETELY text... more like text and color...

but anyways, if you're going to do a full out text sig, it'd be a good idea to proofread. It's defense, dude. Just lettin ya know

Otherwise, I think these are actually pretty nice. They're not exactly your typical sig with a stock and effects and stuff, but if it's a full out text sig, it needs a little more ingenuity.

Thanks for the reply's, I appreciate the tips and the honesty, I also wanna add that... I didn't really know what I was making as in the form of a banner/sig or whatnot haha, just trying to let loose a little, but I'm definitely willing to make something in the future which I will take my time on... and yeah in the second one I tried to make something different incorporating different distances between images, such as the background to the main text and than the logo way in the front, and tried doing that with opacity plus the overlap on the boarder, but yeah thats the kinda guy I am :P, always wanting to try something different haha... but I'm here definitely wanting to learn, although I think I've grabbed the basics on how to use Photoshop already, I'm sure I could always learn more.

lol Jazz you always say that u like simplicity.