» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Stats

Members: 35,443
Threads: 103,072
Top Poster: cc.RadillacVIII (7,429)
Welcome to our newest member, Lekelindids

Default im new, cut me some slack!!

yeah like the title says im new to gfx and lookin' to improve. [also, please be truthful and if its shit tell me & how to improve it]

^^ for another forum lol

as you can see im trying totally different styles..
    H

The first one is the best, I think. I can see your style though with the whole smudging and multiple layers of the render. There are better ways to create depth, because it just seems pretty basic.

The first one seems like a good base, but it's just asking for more.
    The second has a really low quality stock, and it's killing the entire feel of the sig. You can blur it, and then sharpen a few precise spots, but for the most part it's way too pronounced against the smooth bg.
    The third is really nice, but the colors need to flow more. You've got this highly colorful bg with a b/w render on top. That pink thing in the bottom right corner is out of place, while the Japanese text needs better placement.

Hope that helps.

AHHAHAHAHA no slack for u = p. Thats the only way of getting better is by getting hit hard but standing up again and showing what ur made of.

With the life lesson said, lets get on with the sigs. The style in the 2nd one suits you more. It simple but slightly more interesting. You need to remove the Ripple from the render completely.

The first sig is your better of the three but is stil barren and desolate of anything going on. Also verges on Monotone.

Your third however is the complete opposite. Theres too much going on. Colours clash and text needs to be scrapped.

So where do we go from here? Probably best to go back to square one and start doing some more tutorials. Follow them to the letter and the start changing stuff when your more experianced. Text is a no no until you can create your own stuff confidently and even then it should only be used occasionally.

Most important thing to remember on a board like this is to not take everything everyone says to heart or you will walk away pissed everytime. I agree to try more tuts and in the end don't let anyone tell you what style you need or what you should or should not do if it makes you made but take hints and for the best result follow tuts and then add your own shit to them and you will pick it up. I have been doing this for a long time and people still say shit that pisses me off but in the beginning I left forum after forum because I had no reason to take abuse but I say this only to make sure you don't let it get to you. Take everything in here light and create what you think looks good but never stop trying to create it better. For you being new i think you did a good job. Keep working at it.

First Sig: The smudging and filters are good for a start, but I think you can do some more, maybe with clipping masks and some text.
    I think that's your best out of the three that you have shown

Second Sig: I don't like the ripple over the Soldier. It does not look that crash hot. I also think that you could do the same as what you did with the first and blend the Soldier into the background a bit more.

Third Sig: This one has a very different look to the others. I do like the Blue background with the flowers, but I don't believe that the type of smudging you have done suits this style of sig

ok thanks for the comments, i'l take all of them in. as i said, i'm just trying new things and i've been taking in points from different tutorials but i dont like copying them cause i feel like i havnt done anything lol.

anyway,
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzworth View Post
    The second has a really low quality stock, and it's killing the entire feel of the sig. You can blur it, and then sharpen a few precise spots, but for the most part it's way too pronounced against the smooth bg.
    this is the render i used:
    H

The first one is the best, your style is in that sig, you just need to develop it, get some techniques from tutorials etc . Keep it up though
    Gift from .Mentalist

Favourite :